1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

x-blade headgear paint

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chevyzrule810, Oct 15, 2011.

1. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

A landscaper in town wants me to redo this x-blade and wants just the ribs and headgear painted.What do you think is a fair price to charge to do it?He said depending upon how much I charge and how well it comes out,he may have a 3 mm1 and a mm2 for me to do.

[​IMG]

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Are you painting or powder coating? Sandblasting? Stripping the whole thing or just the loose stuff? Full diss assembly or leave it together?

3. chevyzrule810

Painting.I think he wants to just spruce it up.Just the loose stuff and I haven't heard if he wants me to disassemble it or not.I'm not sure how easy those springs are to work with?

4. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

I just took my Xblade apart and painted it now i just have to touch up the headgear in some spots and put it bcak togeather.

5. chevyzrule810

Wolf did you take the springs off? Did the center pin for the a-frame come out pretty easy,I had to heat mine and beat it out.What kind of paint did you use.When I did my straight blade I used this stuff called rust tough.They say you don't need to prime it just paint,but I primed.Maybe I'll have you redo it, haha I live in chelmsford.

6. wolfmobile8

No I didn't take the springs off. The two angel piston pins came right out. The center pin was the only one i had a little trouble with I just used a pribar and a hammer and it came right out. The paint i used was chassis saver from napa. I always wanted to try it and you don't need any primer for it you can just paint over rust. After putting it on its very thick paint and it looks like it will hold up good but i will see how it holds up threw the season.

7. wolfmobile8