1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

X-blade cutting edge question.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ChevKid03, Dec 14, 2009.

1. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I have a chance to buy a 9ft x 8" x 5/8 thick edge for 100 bucks including bolts.... The edge IS center punched. I was wondering if anyone here has ever run an 8" wide edge before on an x-blade, any info is greatly appreciated. Thx

2. airtime

airtime Member

My dealer hooked me up with one. I have only 1 push on it, but it's working fine. I think it will last a long time.

DSC_0129.jpg

3. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Are you sure that is an 8" wide edge? Looks like a 6" to me... I just wasn't sure if 8" wide would mess the trip up at all...

4. airtime

airtime Member

ahhh, i missed that. yep, mine is only 6". So if you had 8" edge you would be riding on a full inch of edge? Sounds like it may effect the trip then. Why do you want that much edge? Is it just the "deal" that is motivating you?

5. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Pretty much yes, just the deal... That and it SHOULD last longer... I just didn't want the extra inch sticking over the trip frame and moldboard in the front.. U know what I mean?

6. salt dogg

salt dogg Senior Member
    from Boston

you got an 5/8 cutting egde at your dealer?

7. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Decided not to get it... don't want the top of the edge covering the "hinge" point. 6" is wide enough.