1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

X Blade curb shoes

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Sparky925, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Sparky925

Sparky925 Member
    from Mass

Has anyone had problems with the crub shoes not wearing out even ? On the truck I drive the shoes did not wear the same as the cutting edge we had to remove them to plow last night.
    If we had left them on it was leaving a skim of SNOW in the middle.

2. Dupesy

Dupesy Member

I'm not sure how that would be possible unless they are brand new and the cutting edge is worn or the plow is bowed slightly. Everything would wear evenly. Even if the cutting edge material was softer than the guards, once they wore even with each other they would then wear together. I could see maybe if you were getting a skim coat on the ends due to carrying the blade at an angle and the guards rubbing the pavement, but not the other way around.

OR, it's because of carrying the plow at an angle, and not having it high enough. The guard on the low end would rub on the pavement, and wear more than the other. Was the skim coat thicker on one side than the other?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006