1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

X-Blade Curb Guards

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JPMAKO, Jan 2, 2006.

1. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

Has anyone made the Fisher X-Blade curb guards fit on a regular Fisher Plow?
    I have a 8' HD and would like to get curb guards but only see them for the X Blade.

Jason

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Not to be a pain. But got a welder?????? If so then you can make it work:nod:

3. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

That's what I was thinking. Custom Fab...
    I was just wondering if anybody has done it and if they somewhat fit?

Jason

4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Check some of the commercial plow suppliers- the generic highway plow curb guards can be "made" to fit too- not sure of the cost one way or the other but an option.

5. BIGRED1

BIGRED1 Member

anyone have a link for the curb guards? i have never seen them for sale, only mounted and in use...

6. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

I'm going to hi jack this this thread and ask if anyone has put curb guards on their V's?

7. dsc

dsc Junior Member

Curb Guards

Don't waste your money on the Fisher curb guards. I have an X-blade with Winter Equipment Co. curb guards. They make a set that will bolt on regular Fisher plows. I had to modify mine to fit because of the center punched cutting edge design. Good luck

01' GMC 2500hd w/ Fisher x-blade ss
    http://www.winterequipment.com/index.html

Last edited: Jan 8, 2006
  8. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

How do u like your curb guards? They seem pretty good through reading. I may have to order a pair for my V

9. dsc

dsc Junior Member

I've been really happy with them. They really help get rid of the "smiley face".
    One thing I forgot to mention is that x-blade users have to modify the curb guard bolt locations because of the center punched design. If your running fisher equipment that does not use center punched blades, you have alot more options available through Winter Equipment.
    The model curb guards I use on my X-blade are the 6" standard curb guards.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2006
  10. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

I'd be looking at a set for my V. Wish I could find an e mail contact on their site to ask about which ones to order vs. phoning them thogh.