1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

X Blade Craziness

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowplowjay, Sep 23, 2002.

1. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Hey all i just got Back from the BIG E (eastern states exposition) and they always have a bunch of plow dealers there. So i decided to get prices from all of them on an 8' X-Blade for a 2001 F350 pickup. Well let me tell u something that thing is goin nuts. They all told me how they only got about 45% of the stock of the plow that they ordered and how fisher only made one batch and will not be making any more this winter. I was fine with that but i lmao at the price variation from the three different dealers. One guy says $4600 installed next guy says $3800 installed and then the last says $3600 installed and a free embroydered jacket from fisher for all sales at the Big E. That made me laugh that there is such a varied mark up on this plow and no one has even really gotten to test one out yet to see what its all about from behind the wheel.

2. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Hey man did you take any pics?

Still waiting !!!!! wanna see the rest of your New England Truck show pics too
  3. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

It's all in how they're figuring on the "law of supply and demand".

The guy that wants 46 thinks he can sell all that he can get at that price, maybe because he can't get that many anyway. He's not worried about having to sit on unsold units all summer. The guy that wants 36 thinks in the spring he'll have a couple left over if he goes any higher, and he's willing to throw in a jacket to move them out the door now.

It'd be interesting to know which one will have more money in his pocket once all his plows are sold....(or not sold)....
  4. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Yea i agree with that and hey JCurtis sorry about the delay i gave my buddy all the prints to scan and hes been havin trouble with the scanner. Ill get them up asap and let u know i promise

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i got a price from that guy giving away the jackets last year. Was he the highest? because when i was there last year i was pricing a minute mount two, which at that time fisher didnt have many out, and that guy was pretty high priced.
  6. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

actually believe it or not that guy came in with the lowest price. He also gave me a price of around $3400 for a speedcaster spreader for the same truck.

7. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I think cpw is selling the 8' for like $3,400. and the 9' for some thing $3,600.
  8. turfguy

turfguy Member

did you see any western dealers? I am looking for a 8 ft pro. any thoughts?????
  9. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

I run a western on my jeep and i Love it i never thought i would say that about anything that wasnt a trip edge plow. But i do.

They had a GMC with a Ultra Mount on it and it looked pretty bad aZZ. Looked like a serious plow. Ive never seen one in action but it is an interesting setup. It has a floating frame so u can mount it on any surface level or not.

10. turfguy

turfguy Member

what dealer had the ultra mount?
  11. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I saw a pewter colored Super Duty dump truck tonight with the new stainless x plow mounted, perhaps purchased at our local dealer. It had Conn. plates and high diamond plate sideboards, any of you Conn. guys recognize it?

Henderson Mfg. also makes a plow with a stainless moldboard, I saw one advertised at a Mass. installers.
  12. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Fairfield Plows had the Ultramount last year at Conex. I think that Burquip in NY also sells them. Burquip has the X-blade as well but I am not sure of the price.

Going down there to pick up a 9'6" V this week so I will try to get some info on how many/how much.
  13. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

i think it was southford garage with the ultra mount but dont quote me on that. It was one of the dealers right at the beginning near the entrance.