1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

X blade back drag

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by gtmustang00, Feb 15, 2014.

1. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Has anyone successfully had a backdrag made and it not break? I'm looking to have one made for my 9' X Blade. Know anyone in the NH/MA area that can do it? Any pictures?

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

My 8.6 Xtreme V was the prototype for Backdrag Edge a few years ago, I called him this year to see about getting one and the guy said he hasn't even started making them for the v blades yet wth!:confused:

3. gtmustang00

from Berlin

Regular strait X Blade...not extreme v.

I'm looking for a hinged type as well.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Brian, do you use a hinged back drag edge or a fixed edge?

5. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

The hinged ones look very straight forward and easy to make. Would think pretty much anyone with a welder and chop saw could make one.

6. gtmustang00

from Berlin

I've seen some where if a cutting edge is used It will snap after a weld. I've seen some with angle iron welded to the whole length also (regular HD plows).

7. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

Check out Fusion Welding in Tewksbury, MA. They have a video on you tube making a backdrag for a 8' X-blade, there prices seem resonable too, between $200-300. Check them out, kinda closer to you than anywhere around me, around boston

8. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

9. gtmustang00

from Berlin