1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

x blade and lights

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SantiniServices, Jan 17, 2008.

1. SantiniServices

SantiniServices Member

does anyone have any ideas how to raise the new inensefire lights? i have a brand new x blade and when u put the plow up straight it blocks half the lights. It blocks all of one light when u angle the blade. and ideas?
  2. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

i havent encountered this problem. mines a V so i usually travel with it in the V position but id imagine if u take it to the dealer they can shim them up or something.
  3. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

lengthen the lift chain
  4. SantiniServices

SantiniServices Member

if i lengthen the lift chain the plow will scrap the ground over bumps and such
  5. powerjoke

holy smokes....will the 550 not hold up a plow?

the plow and light heights are not truck to truck different. it don't make the plow lift any higher in relation to the light's

maybe this is a fisher problem. has there been any reprt's of other problem's?

is it the correct head gear for the blade?

do you have an air-foil?

have you tried the fisher thread maybe a sales rep visit's it more often than the commercial forum?

why cant you have a metal shop brake you a peice of sheet metal in a "C" to rebolt the light's a little higher

have any pic's?
  6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Are you having a bad night? LOL
  7. powerjoke

LOL yeah i guess so.

the wife drug me to some dinner banquet thing and they only had one glass of wine... im not much of a wine guy but.....when in rome:D but c''mon one galss LOL

EDIT: P.S. as for my post to the origional poster......that's about as nice as it get's for me :D
  8. SantiniServices

SantiniServices Member

the truck could hold 2 plows and a large mexican family and tow a chevy

i ask the dealer all of those questions they said it all right

im prob gonna make something up im just looking for ideas

and sry to hear about the wine
  9. powerjoke

i guess i'm not with the problem.

the truck will carry "2 plows and a large mexican family and tow a chevy" but it won't hold a plow enough off the ground without alteration's

i wouldn't think this problem would be isolated to a f-550 only?

if the plow drag's the ground on bumps or major suspension travels that's ok but if the thing never raises from the ground when you reaise the plow you need to beef the front suspension (ie. inner coil air bag's)

does the plow come off the ground at all when you try to raise it or does the truck just go down?.

something else jsut entered my mind.....are you trying to carry the plow at a full angle? if so.....yes the plow will touch quite regularly

i guess what i am trying to say is that if the plow is on a ford ranger or a f-750 or a peterbilt the plow will not raise any higher in relation with the light's. but the truck will carry it farther off the ground.. make since?

i don't mean to be aggresive with my post and sorry if it comes off that way but it don't sound like a fisher prob it sounds like a ford problem and i know there are guys out there that get along really well with thier f-550

P.S. if you are unsatisfied with the plow i will buy it from your for $500? and give you a really nice meyer's 6' that the truck may have a better chance handeling the load ;)
  10. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

im running into the same problem with my 7'-6" rd, when i angle while raised the light is blocked and reflects off of the blade, gotta see what i can do about it