1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

X and Y springs 96 F250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by soutthpaw, Jul 2, 2005.

1. soutthpaw

soutthpaw Junior Member

I went to get new springs from my local Ford medium/heavy truck dealer and he had code X and a code Y springs, but there was no listing for either spring as to the weight, the X springs were about $50 each and the Y spring was $87 (jobber cost) We took a guess and ordered the Y coded springs thinking cost more must carry more... the ford part number is FOF4TZ-5310-R
    anyone familiar with them
  2. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

The X-code springs are the heaviest weight capacity for your truck. They are the same as F-450 fornt springs. They come with the plow package. The Y-code are a little less, but I can't remember the exact weight ratings. I am very suprised the dealer didn't know this.
  3. soutthpaw

soutthpaw Junior Member

got them today and they were coils go figure... anyway they tried again so we will see.
    Q4A is the spring code on the door
    we will see what happens
  4. soutthpaw

soutthpaw Junior Member

it seems the X code only applies to the 99 and newer super duty trucks my code on the door is Q4A and it has double wrap 2 leaf springs that are de arced and sitting on the snubbers