1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTT wideout, 2 hours of use!

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by SalNazzaro, Oct 29, 2011.

1. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Want to trade my wideout with 2 hours of use on it for a 9 foot pro plus, this plow is brand new and I'm using it right now, located in SE Pa

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I take it you don't like the Wideout?

Just curious, as I just purchased one.

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

What's the issue you have with it?

4. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Give it a week...then rethink your decision.

5. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Chatters alot I just liked my pro plus better, awesome design just not for me

6. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I haven't used mine yet, so no experience of my own with it, but that sounds like good advice.

7. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

The chattering should be from the wings not being worn in no?

8. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Yea def not, my pro plus wings never got worn in and they weren't nearly as bad as this

9. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Chattering could just be that the plow needs adjusted a bit. My dealer told me that when I get my salt spreader in the truck to bring it back b/c the plow will need to be adjusted .

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If your plowing large open areas this wideout will be so much faster then a pro plus you will be happy you never traded.

11. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Not sure of the angle of attack on the wideout but the blizzard does chatter some, usually on concrete in straight mode. With the wings in scoop it does not. My suggestion would be to check the height of the main cutting edge compared to the wings. I bet the wings are too high , though it's sort of apples to oranges because the blizzard has steel edges in the wings, not rubber. Seriously though, give it some time because when it comes to windowing and location snow (scoop mode) you'll never consider going back to anything else.

12. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

FYi, I just bought a truck with a 3 yr old like new condition Pro Plus but 8ft. I'll be traveling through northern PA and would gladly swap blades.

13. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

I do alot of clean up with it alot of times on bare pavement and it just chatters alot for me, and man if you could stretch that plow to 9 feet that would be great!

14. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

X2 on that....Also is the A-frame as level as possible...

15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I believe all your wiring will work on the straight blade but for the guy who gives you the blade he will need new wiring. Just a thought.

16. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Yes I had a straight blade before the wideout and got whatever wiring I needed for the wideout and was able to still use some of my straight blade wiring

17. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

You could add wings to the 8ft... :)

18. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

If you dont have much time with it then the rubber edges just need time mine does it everytime i replace them and the cutting edge but after a few hours they get the right angle and it wont do it again until you put new ones on again. That plow is awesome once it gets worn in you will love it!

19. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

It's got 7 hours on it and there worn in, when there's snow it's fine there's no problems but when I'm cleaning up and nipping and tucking it chatters horrible because it's exposed pavement, sorry I just want a 9 foot with no wings because they chatter too.

20. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

Mine has never chattered... my buddies pro-plus with wings doesn't chatter either.....