1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTT straight plow for v

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by durafish, Apr 28, 2013.

1. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Seeing if there is any interest out there. I have a mm2 straight blade 8 foot but want a mm2 ezv. I will swap controllers also. My blade is in good condition no bad rust new fluid and lights (old style though).
    thanks

2. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

I'd consider a swap plus cash - looks like you are in RI? I work in Providence but live in Eastern CT and have a MM2 EZ-V for sale. Its a 9.5' though, if its for the truck in your pic and its a 2500HD w/ a Duramax that is probably more weight than you can swing. PM me if interested.

I don't have the truck side wiring or controller though. They run about $600 new.

3. durafish

from 02919

Thanks but that's bigger then I really want so I don't want to pay for something I don't want.

4. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

No problem. I actually just ran the #'s for my own benefit, and the difference between some of the weights doesn't seem like much, but I guess the impact of leverage (being out in front of the axle) makes a huge difference. The weights listed below (lbs) are from Fisher selection guide, including 45 lbs for a truck mount, the off-truck blade assembly and a (new) cutting edge:

8' HD 846
    8.5' HD 867
    8' X 919
    8.5' X 949
    8.5' EZ-V 935
    9.5' EZ-V 1018

I was thinking there would be a bigger difference between the EZ-V's for example, as I was looking to downsize or to an X-blade. Now I'm reconsidering...

5. durafish

from 02919

I have a 8ft x blade too holds it well. How much cash do you want.
    Also how are you operating the plow without a controller?

6. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

I'll PM you my email address so we can see what kind of condition we both have and can talk price - I didn't know you were running an X-blade!

As far as what I'm using now to control it - I just picked it up this off-season and haven't used it to plow yet. To get it home, I just hooked up the main power cable between truck and plow, looked up the Fisher manual to get the chart that shows the plow connector pin-out and solenoid activations by action (i.e. raise, vee), used a few jumper wires to apply power from the battery to the correct pins (and therefore solenoids) just like a controller would, then hooked up a regular jumper cable from the + post on the motor to the battery when the solenoids were activated and I was ready to activate the motor. The - just comes back through the main power cable like regular. Works like a champ, easier/faster than short chaining, and you get to prove the pump is working as it should.