1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTT 7.5' Ultramount for 8'-8.5' Ultramount

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by dieselboy01, Dec 30, 2013.

1. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

I have a 7.5' Ultramount. I'd like to upgrade to a bigger plow. Okay shap, good cutting edge, good hoses, lights, plugs. Has surface rust but no holes. All it would need is a blasting and some paint. I can send or post pictures if needed.

I'm looking for a 8'-8.5' straight blade. I would like to trade or trade plus a little cash for the right plow.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. dieselboy01

Pictures of the 7-6 Ultramount

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. dieselboy01

Any takers? Maybe you want a smaller plow???? I have a smaller plow for you!!!!!

4. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

How many plugs
    Also why is there ATF or plow fluid near plow in snow

5. dieselboy01

There are two plugs for this plow, One plug for the power and ground for the motor, and one plug for the lights and plow function.

And the ATF in the snow is from that gray Ford, It Sprung a power steering leak.

This plow has the blue low temp fluid in it.

6. dieselboy01

Still hoping to trade.

7. dieselboy01

Also up for a trade plus cash for a Ultramount MVP or Wideout. I'd have to get a new harness I know.

8. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

9. dieselboy01

Wow that sounds like a great plow! Would that work with my harness? I believe I have the older Ultra mount set up, no computer or anything like that.

10. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Yep, would go on in place of your plow with no issues.

11. dieselboy01

What are you thinking as far as a deal?

12. dieselboy01

After talking to my Western dealer I was told i can only switch between the older style Ultra Mount. In order for me to run the newer style Ultra Mount I will have to upgrade my vehicle harness to the Flex Fleet Isolation module style harness.

13. dieselboy01

Still looking at trading if anyone is interested.

14. giggity

giggity Senior Member

Just FYI, you might want to look for just a moldboard, all ultra mount and uni-mount mold boards are the same, 3 bolts and you can swap them right out

15. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Good luck on that. I've been looking for an 8.5 or 9 ft moldboard for 2 years.

16. dieselboy01

I've been looking at that option also. It's hard to find older plows in good shape around here, and the ones I do find people think are worth gold.

17. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

^^^^^ Exactly right!!
    Last one I found the guy wanted $500 for the moldboard with holes rotted through it.

18. dieselboy01

I figured it would be easier to sell/trade this one for a bigger blade. Then I'm not stuck with a 7-6 moldboard sitting next to my garage too.

19. giggity

giggity Senior Member

What about buying a poly plow like this one http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/hvo/4363604359.html and then swapping the mold boards, and then re sell it.. Wouldnt cost you anything but your time..

20. dieselboy01

Thanks Giggity, that's not a bad idea!