1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTF am i weak?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by johnnysnok, Dec 22, 2010.

1. johnnysnok

johnnysnok Member

Ok i must say that yes this stuff is really fantastic and i have thrown out all of my WD-40 cans. I have 1 can remaining from the case i purchased last year. The smell is a little strange but it sure works!

Any way my question is where do they get the tape from that holds the damn straw on? It's like super tape, you really need some force to get the darn thing out or have something to cut it with.
    Am i alone on this notion? Has anyone else fought the tape and lost??

2. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Good news! The tape will soon be a thing of the past! We've got a new straw holding cap! Thumbs Up

[​IMG]

3. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

i have used this cap and love it now u dont lose ur straw

4. pmorrissette

pmorrissette Senior Member

now that's cool !

5. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

haha yeah i had that issue with the tape. Out of 2 cases I think I ended up with 2 straight straws. i kept grabbing the straws with my leatherman to rip them out that tape is twice as strong as guerilla tape. My brother made me laugh. he said "If the stuff in the can is half as good as this tape I'll be impressed"

6. TDBaird

TDBaird Junior Member

I can't even find any of my straws anymore.:cry:

7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Just pull the straw straight down, not away from the can.

8. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

I wish they could get the straw/spray tip like the ones I have seen on wd40 cans, kinda slick in that it flips up when you need it and down when you don't!!

9. wildplow

wildplow Member

+1 on that...i like these cans

10. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

+1 here too- that would be a great plus.

11. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

wanna borrow one of mine?

IMG_1647.JPG

12. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

I lose every single one of my straws :(

13. TDBaird

TDBaird Junior Member

Holy crap. How's come you save the caps?

14. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

The last can I have left quit spraying with about half the contents still in the can. Now it just dribbles out of the nozzle. Boo.

15. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I have that happen on lots of cans, FF and others- I just cut the can open and use wither a pump bottle (windex type spray bottle a-la-WD-40) or a brush.

16. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

they're all new, never been used. it's a mix of ff and paint nozzles tho. never know when you might need a replacement. especially with the spray paint. i'm still using the straw from my very first can of ffwesport

17. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Just wanted to point out the WD-40 and Fluid Film are not the same type of product so I am not sure why you would throw out the WD-40. WD-40 is a "penetrant". Im not even sure that is a word, but it is used to free stuck items and get them moving again. Fluid Film is a lubricant/protectant. You use it before things get stuck. I always tell my dad, ya dont put wd-40 on things as a lube.......... that's not what it's made for.

18. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

they are def not the same product. i have loosened way more rusted bolts and such with fluid film then i ever have wd40. fluid film is the much better choice because it contains no solvents like wd40 therefor it does not evaporate.

19. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

FF is a much better penetrant then WD. WD is a water displacement, hence the name.

20. joyofFluidFilm

joyofFluidFilm Senior Member

hallelujah! :jester: