1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Wood stakes In Buffalo, NY?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DaySpring Services, Nov 1, 2005.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I've decided to use wood stakes for this year (fiberglass would be nice but get stolen on the accounts I have) Is there anywhere I can find them?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I got to home depot and buy a bundle of wood slats you get adout 40 or so they work find for me.

3. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines Senior Member

Try PVC

Why not try 1/2" PVC pipe. Cheaper than wood, flexible in storms, cut to any length. Won't damage vehicles. And they actually stand back up if you run them over. Not like I've ever done that.:rolleyes:

4. JTW

JTW Senior Member

Wouldn't PVC get real brittle in the cold?

5. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

not too bad in the cold and some customers like the way they look -just use some krylon plastic paint on the tips and youre in buisness...

6. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

Do you put some type of cap on top of the PVC pipes??? I would think they would fill up with water, freeze, and break off easy with water frozen inside??

7. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

you put on the caps -but dont glue them so in case you do hit them the caps wont dig into your paint