1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB: What kind of plow is this?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by BigLebowski, Nov 10, 2008.

1. BigLebowski

BigLebowski Junior Member

I need to find out what kind of plow this is from you guru's so I can buy a harness and controller. Once it is established as the the brand, anybody have a harness and controller for sale? I'd like to buy right away. I pick this up mid-week. Yes I bought it sight-unseen but I couldn't pass up a working direct fit plow for less (yes less than) a song. He wanted it out of his yard!

Shipping zip is 13304. Prefer new but will consider used with pics. If it is truck specific, it is going in a 97 Dodge 1500.

IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2758.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg

2. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Looks like a Fisher mount with a conventional Western pump and a reskinned blade... I have nothing for you, but maybe that'll help. The Western joysticks with cables aren't hard to find used. Good luck

3. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Actual it look to be E47 hydraulic pump it look exact what I have.

Are those permanent to frame? Not quick disconnect and connect?

4. BigLebowski

You mean the pump or ?...

So that's interesting. A fisher with Western or ? parts (or vice versa). Is this normal thing to do? And by normal I mean - it's done but...

Should I be weary of this plow because of that? Or is it nothing to be concerned about. I plan to pay to have it installed, will this create a problem for the installer?

Also, I am under the impression that I will be getting the mount as well. If I don't, would I buy a fisher mount? I am stupid about these things so I ask this too, based on this set-up the lights will stay on the truck when the blade comes off right?

5. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

No I mean mount. Are those permanent to frame?

I would not buy for 97 Dodge because it would be pita to unbolt mount off then bolt on it again.

It for 94 or old not for new truck.

that hydraulic pump are Meyer E47

6. BigLebowski

To be honest here I have agreed to buy this plow but have not seen it in person. The truck you see in the background is the truck it cam off of, which is a 98.

I know it is an older plow but that shouldn't be a problem should it? It just might mean the lights stay on the truck right? If that's true, I'm OK with that.

So Meyer pump on a fisher plow? Is this OK or?.. What kind of issues will this create if any?

7. m2low

m2low Member

the pump could be an E47, it kinda looks like what I have for an E47, but they should be yellow - meyer is almost always yellow parts, unless this is a really old setup... the mount looks cobbled up, and the plow does not look like the board was done right, the pits and holes might cause snow to stick in the board.. I would say if you got it cheap it would work for something to get started but I would think its going to give problems soon - it DOES appear the pump has a new motor which is goog... as far as compatable, they should work - the older stuff seems to be a simple setup with either 12V on and if they were already together, the mount should accept the plow. the chain should be long enough - its controls and newer stuff that may have issues working together with isolation and control setups... I am not trying to dog your stuff, I too have an older meyer setup, just giving you what I can see as the worst case, and if it works better for you then bonus on your part!!

how much of the light wiring do you get? does it come with any controls, or do you have to find all of that too? then you will looking for controls for an E47 by the looks of things, and something for lights that will plug into these lights and your factory wiring harness

8. m2low

m2low Member

looking again at the pictures, the frame of the plow appears to be yellow and I would this at one time was all yellow and was a meyer setup, just been cobbled up over the years from truck to truck/painted to match etc...

you can go to central parts warehouse at the top of this page there is an add for it, they will have control (switch) boxes and wiring harness for your truck!!

9. BigLebowski

Nice.

So is that a fisher frame or does everyone think it's a Meyer?

10. m2low

m2low Member

I think the plow is meyer, the pump "looks" like a meyer but could be fisher? the frame looks home built or really old fisher, not meyer though. meyer older stuff used a bent angle iron for the hoop to mount the headlights. the pump looks like it was yellow originally and someone painted it red to match a truck.. I would say the majority of this is meyer, the frame on the truck looks homebuilt but could be an older fisher?!!!

11. m2low

m2low Member

you will want to buy a light harness to match the lights, look under meyer for them, and wait til you have the lights in hand to make sure the wiring matches up with the harness you are buying...

for controls looks for something to run an older meyer E47 (should have 3 small wires on it) then of course the 2 large guage wires from the battery to the pump..

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

it's an old Diamond, they use Meyer hydraulics, lights and wiring.

13. m2low

m2low Member

here is a link to my older meyer setup - if it helps, this is what the E47 is supposed to look like (of course used after time). my frame is also mis-matched with an older meyer hoop and the newer meyer truck mount (soon to upgrade to a new meyer hoop so lights come off in the winter) but you can see the bent abgle iron that the older meyer hoops were made from on most of the older setups for ford chevy or dodge (just different frame widths).

http://www.plowsite.com/album.php?albumid=88&pictureid=773

14. BigLebowski

No kidding. I never knew pegging a manufacturer would be so tough.

So any idea where one would get diamond parts like a harness and control switches. Or would I follow the meyer route since that is essentially what it is?

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Just get Meyer, people will know what your talking about

16. BigLebowski

And if i need a mount? I ask for diamond?

17. m2low

m2low Member

if you need a mount besides the one you are getting, get a meyer mount, the plow frame will be meyer from the pictures and you are concerned with the A-frame of the plow mating to the mount.

18. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

It's a hacked up Fisher. Poor thing.

19. m2low

m2low Member

the truck mount is a fisher? the plow definately looks meyer but the truck mount could be anything...

20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The blade attachment points are definitely Meyer.

You want to be sure, get somebody with a EZ classic or a conventional mount Meyer mount to let you check it.