1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wtb western wideout or fisher xls ASAP

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Russellkoz, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Russellkoz

Russellkoz Junior Member

Looking for a western wideout or isher xls ASAP. Got some more contracts this year and need to setup another truck right away. Plowside only is ok. Text or call 2165096568. Thx

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

There is a guy on nj with one for a good price. What part of Cleveland are you located ?

3. Russellkoz

Russellkoz Junior Member

I have been talking to him. Was suppose to meet him last night and he stopped answering the phone. Guy seemed real nice just keeps making beating around the bush. I'm in Lakewood ohio

4. Burkartsplow

I am based out of Lakewood also, are you looking for a brand new unit or uned and do you need the whole plow assembly or just the plow side itself.

5. Russellkoz

Russellkoz Junior Member

Either way. Used preferably just by of cost wise. Either would be fine. If it were just plow side I'd just talk to a dealer and get the mounting and wiring myself.

6. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

western wideout vs fisher xls

Do you prefer a full blade trip or a trip edge. I love how easy my western mounts but hate the full blade trip. That is just about the only significant differences!

7. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

8. Russellkoz

Russellkoz Junior Member

Never owned one with a trip edge. I run a blizzard 810 now I don't mind it I'm up in the air on both. Don't want one more then the other. Manchester is prob to far I'm willing to meet up to 3.5 hours but any farther isn't worth it to me unless its an unbeatable deal. Burke i used to see ur truck around all the time, nice rig. how is the trip edge on the xls. Any problems with the wings. How's that work with the wings now being able to trip.

9. Burkartsplow

I am still around but the lack of snow I do more painting at my house then anything during the winter months. I choose the xls due to the trip edge as I was tired of the full trip and it just hits something and pops right over it and keep going. I have no problems with the wings not being able to to trip. I am on my third season with my jerre custom edges of of Erie PA. I really like them with the curb guard but they are starting to break down and I am going to need a new set come next year. I've thought of putting the steel edges off a blizzard on the wings but the slide box is not built the same and I don't know if they could take as hard a hit. I I hit something with the xls wings they just slide release and everything is good. I saw a guy on CL that is selling a truck and plow, maybe he will separate the plow but it is on a ford and you would just have to get the mount from a dealer .

10. Russellkoz

Russellkoz Junior Member

Thx for all the info. How is the speed of the xls. The western is pretty fast and that's what I hate most about the blizzard. It's so slow. I talked to the guy. He wants 55 for the whole setup and its 3 years old so IMO that's not worth it

11. Russellkoz

Russellkoz Junior Member

Bump bump bump