1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Western unimount controller

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Conmancounty, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Conmancounty

Conmancounty Member

I am looking for good used controller, mine took a crap. the down button died.

2. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

I have one that can be retrofitted . I wanted to do this to mine but never got to it.

3. Conmancounty

Conmancounty Member

what do you mean by retrofitted?

4. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

it can be wired up to your plow to work like a normal controller would

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=162927

No pesky circuit boards on this... sadly I lost interest into converting it to the 6 pin plug

5. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

There is a man on eBay that rebuilds them. I had him do four of my controllers and they work like new.

6. Conmancounty

Conmancounty Member

Do you have a name or number by chance?

7. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I have 2 for sale on ebay now. Give me a few days to pull everything I want off one of our older retired plow trucks and I will have another for sale

8. Conmancounty

Conmancounty Member

ok, what do you think you might have to have for it?

9. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

He rebuilds them??? Or he calls Angelos and has them send him new motherboards, like the op should just do. 2 screws the controller opens unplug the board remove, plug in the new board 2 screws and your done. I'd sell my extra controller but It need a new board too.

10. Conmancounty

Conmancounty Member

OK I just found a guy from Glen Spey, New York that rebuilds them. Is this the guy you are talking about.

11. pressedun

pressedun Junior Member

Yup. He's rebuilt a lot of controllers and salter controllers for me. He's good and reasonable.

12. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

+1 for guy in NY.

13. Conmancounty

Conmancounty Member

Anybody have his number?

14. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

No, I did thru ebay

15. Conmancounty

Conmancounty Member

I did get a message from him today thank you guys for your help. Greatly appreciated.

16. Conmancounty

Conmancounty Member

Hey guys, just wanted to say thank you for the help with controller. Got it back today and going try it out tomorrow.