1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Western Ultra Plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by old skool, Jan 9, 2008.

1. old skool

old skool Senior Member
    from NW IL

Not a big hurry, just thinking of looking for a used Western ultra mount for next winter.Need complete set-up.
    Prefer an 8 footer, but would consider all. Mounts to fit a 97 Chevy K3500.

Note ..will have a 7 1/2' Western cable for sale...mounts to fit above mentioned truck ,

Also will have a 9 foot Meyer/Monarch (underhood style pump) with mounts for 73-87 Gm / or 88-98 GM

( NW IL location, but willing to travel a ways for the right deal)
  2. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

What do you want for the 7.5 unimount? Include all compnents, wiring too? Thanks, Kyle
  3. weshermanllc

weshermanllc Junior Member

4. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

I have a Western 8.5 MVP with all the wiring that is 4 years old if your interested email me at Crockriver@hotmail.com or call me at (815)222-3066

5. old skool

old skool Senior Member
    from NW IL

This is the OLD "T" handle - cable controled Western where the mounts move bumper forward.

Since posted ,someone local is interested. Im asking $750 complete with mounts, controls, and lights. Its my current plow, so it wont be available til spring/summer.
  6. smithplowrepair

smithplowrepair Junior Member

Yeah, isn't that funny. Those old school mounts were directly from Western and they suck. With just a small amount of rehab (i.e. cutting off all the un-needed steel and bumper mounts), which by the way added about an extra 100#, you could install it with everything stock and in place on the truck. Take a look at the pics that I have on my 7.5' Western Pro Plow that's listed for sale. I think it's been bumped back to page three by now. Western, Meyer and all the rest of them are not that smart, they fabricate to keep all the dummies spending their moola, but I guess that means that the ones that keep buying aren't that smart either.