1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB: Western MVP

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by IA Farmer, Jan 11, 2007.

1. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I am looking for an MVP would prefer an ultra mount but would consider a uni mount. Also would like the price on a new 8' 6'' MVP in some other areas. A steel, un-installed in my area is $4050 and a poly is $4250 is that a good price? If they are cheaper in other areas I am willing to travel a little ways. Thanks Kenny

2. limabeef

limabeef Junior Member

Are you looking for the plow and the mount or just the plow???

3. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I have a uni mount now so i would only need a mount if i get an ultra mount plow

4. Northland

Northland Senior Member

That price is pretty damn good for my area. I think I could talk my salesman down to that if I told him I could get a boss for that... Im in that price range now here in Fargo

5. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Can anyone get an 8'6'' MVP for less then $4050?

6. soundzplus

soundzplus Junior Member

unimount mvp

I have a unimount MVP 8.6 plow for sale that is in excellent condition! I had purchased a new a frame, cutting edge, and blades as extras for my own personal plow and never ended up using them. Recently, I purchased a used frame assembly that holds the pump, lights and etc. So you would be getting a like new plow! Cutting edge, blades, and a frame are like new! Just a little dusty! Still has the original decals on it! Never been used! Email me at soundz@powerweb.net for pictures or else you can call me at 920-820-0061. I don't need 2 plows so I will keep the older one for myself and sell the nicer one. Can also show you that it works completely with my truck, can deliver if needed, or I have a forklift to help load. Throw me a fair offer as its taking up space in my store and need to pay for a pellet stove coming this weekend.....

7. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Ram On

Was that the price they quoted you at Truck Equipment?

8. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Yes thats where I bought my last plow also they have been really good to work with so I probably shouldn't complain about the price to much I suppose.

9. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Just my opinion but I'd try and find a good used ultramount that's about 2 years old than buying that new Contractor grade MVP they have now.

The hydros might be faster but it doesn't come with a deflector and the T frame design looks weaker. They deleted the two arms that came out and gave support to the wings in the vee position. But that price they quoted you was cheaper than when I bought my vee plow 3 years ago. Good luck!

10. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Thanks for the advice I think I will wait until I can find a good Ultra Mount used.

Thank Kenny