1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB: Western mount for 1990 Chevy C3500

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by 6feetdeep, Dec 24, 2008.

1. 6feetdeep

6feetdeep Senior Member

Just picked up a 1990 Chevy C3500, have a spare Western Unimount plow that I can put on it. I need a mount for this truck/ plow. I would consider a Ultramount mounting brackets/ wiring, so I can put Ultramounts on all my trucks. Hopefully I can find something local, shipping would kill.
    I also have for sale a Ultramount- Unimount adaptor that I bought and havent used. It was used when I bought it, but is just like new. If someone can use it, $200 takes it.
    PM me if you have either a Unimount or Ultramount mount and / or wire harness for this truck, or want to buy the adaptor.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Western does not make an Ultramount for a C3500. Your 2 choices are Unimount, or custom fab a 4x4 Chevy Ultramount to fit on your 4x2.

3. 6feetdeep

6feetdeep Senior Member

4X2? The truck is 4x4. dually. Was a straight truck, someone put a dump body on it. I guess I should have looked at the Western website before I posted here. I'll do a little more research, I can certainly fab something if needed, but it would be easier to bolt and go.
    Thanks for the info., I'll do a little more research.
    Still interested in a Unimount mount if anyone has it.
    Still have the Ultramount- Unimount adaptor if anyone needs it.

4. NickGB

NickGB Senior Member

C3500 is a 2 wheel drive one-ton chassis. K3500 is the 4x4 version. 62330 is the mount that should fit your truck, assuming it is the "classic" body style.

5. 6feetdeep

6feetdeep Senior Member

Thanks for the info. Side of truck says C3500, title reads 'C35'. Truck is 4x4, dually, maybe a morpho. I dont know if someone partsed it together. Yeah, its the classic body style.
    Thanks for the heads up on the part number. Hopefully someone has one kicking around. I'm not in a big hurry, but it would be nice to have a spare truck/ plow ready to go in case of a breakdown.