1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Western/Fisher older style right headlight housing

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Marlon, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Marlon

Marlon Junior Member

Broke my right headlight housing on 9 pin Western Unimount. Looking for empty housing,right headlight assembly or a pair of headlights.

2. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

ebay has a pair 139.00 free shipping there new or check for used 1 new housing is around 70
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281550109070&alt=web

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  3. rjigto4oje

4. rjigto4oje

I know they say universal, maybe they will work for you

5. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

Ive had a few of them crack as well. Especially the used ones. Grease the hell out of the front trim screws as theyfreeze in the bung and snap the housing. I have a new set waiting to go on, but for now zip ties holding them all together

6. Marlon

Marlon Junior Member

Thanks to both of you for the responses.I'll check the eBay listings.Zip ties and some plastic epoxy until then then may hafta work..

7. rjigto4oje

Get an atv ratchet strap for now. Dont wait too long I heard next Monday another noreaster

8. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

is this the style light you are after? this is OEM douglas dymanic lights for older western unimounts (and some very early ultramounts) and older fisher minute mounts.

i believe these lights are reversible, meaning the turn signal/parking lense can be swapped to either side of the housing for use as a left or a right light.

if interested, i can sell you the one good housing in the picture. i will remove the wiring as it is for a 11 pin plug as pictured. you can stick your 9 pin plug wiring back in it.

055.JPG

059.JPG

061.JPG

9. Marlon

Marlon Junior Member

Yes that's the housing I'm looking for.

10. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

i'd sell the good one for $40. plus another $10 to ship. light and wiring will be removed. just the housing with lense and screws.

let me know if interested and i'll remove it in the next day or two to be sure it's in good shape before you send payment. i can also try to take couple of pics once removed.

like i said, i think it's reversible so that it can used on either side, but you may want to confirm that.

11. Marlon

Marlon Junior Member

That looks like the one. 4 screws attach the bezel to the housing, so it should indeed be reversable. Call or text 7742710148 and we can work out the details...Thxx..Steve