1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Western 61716 Harness

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by SkiJohnnyB, Oct 7, 2009.

1. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

Looking for a Western 61716 Harness

I need to convert a 2B/2D harness to use HB3/HB4 lights for a '98 Chev Tahoe with a Unimount. Anyone got one to sell or know where I can buy one at a reasonable price??

2. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

bump.............

3. grizzlycj

grizzlycj Junior Member

I the light harness number you have a 61545? If so would you be interested in selling it? I have a light harness for quad lights hb3/hb4 off a early 90's 1/2 ton I would be willing to trade you.

4. grizzlycj

grizzlycj Junior Member

The part number that you have listed is for the whole wiring assembly. Are you looking for that or for just the headlight assembly?

5. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

The plow I have was on a 1997 Chev 3/4 ton with dual headlamps. I'm putting it on a 1998 Chev Tahoe with Quad Headlamps. I believe the harness I have on the plow now is for 1996 and later dual headlamps with DRL's (daytime running lights). I was told that I needed the 61716 harness by multiple sources. If there is an easier way, let me know. I believe the one I have is a 61545, although the numbers are worn off the tag.

6. grizzlycj

grizzlycj Junior Member

If you could take a picture of it and post it on here I will see if it is what I need. Also, I will do the same.

7. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

The day you posted this, I actually ordered one. I'll pick it up tomorrow and see where I'm at.....if I, indeed have a leftover harness, we can work something out to get you going, too.'

Stay tuned...

8. grizzlycj

grizzlycj Junior Member

Got your message. Just let me know what you might want for it. I do believe it is the right application for the truck I have.

9. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

Here are the pics.....the label on the harness says 61546 OR 8264

The purple wire for the right turn signal does not have a connector or it....you'd need to crimp on another bullet connector. Other than that, the harness is in good shape as far as I can tell. The black residue on the the yellow, red, orange and green wires is from electrical tape where they were bundled at the relays...

western 61546-1.jpg

10. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

Here's another pic showing the headlight connectors a bit better....

western 61546-2.jpg

11. grizzlycj

grizzlycj Junior Member

How much do you want for it?

12. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

I was thinking $25 plus shipping...shipping should be cheap......

Email me a phone # and we can discuss

Boettcherjd@yahoo.com