1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB: Walk Behind Spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Jaynen, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

I need to buy a walk behind spreader. Something pretty durable that can hold at least 65lbs. I like the snow ex ones. Let me know what you got and how much and if you can ship to canada. Thanks.

2. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=8317-446-75901

This one is by far the best spreader you can get. Very easy to use. I have a (40ftx80ft) lot that i use this for, three passes and im done.

When I purchased this spreader, I was at the counter ready to pay, i noticed the bar code was not on it so the casher went through the book and marked it as a $40 fertilizer spreader. Best 40 bucks i spent in my life.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  3. overtime

overtime Senior Member

I bought one from farm and fleet here it was like 90 bucks. Hold 80 lbs perfect.

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

There is a member here who has a used snow ex spreader for sale, look in the for sale forum or do a search for walk behind snowex spreader.

Mike

5. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

Ya he hasnt responded back to me yet. Lots of people seem to be saying they are using the lesco 80lbs spreader and I have one, but I tried it for rock salt and not enough comes out on full blast. Is their a purpose built salt spreader by lesco?

6. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

A bucket works much better then a spreader if your doing walkways...

7. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Keep looking for that snowex, I use road salt in mine, no need to buy bags, just scoop it out of the back of the spreader.

Mike

8. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

Kitchener Tractor on Huron has a walk behind Snowex for $549

9. heather lawn spray

As Triple L suggests a 20 Litre pail works well on sidewalks alone

10. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

I am gonna be doing a small parking lot with it. I need the bed of my truck so I was looking at getting a tailgate spreader that swings out, but they said it can't have any salt in it when u go to swing it. Is this true, or are there other models out there that u can swing it with salt in?

11. Since you're in Kitchener. Rittenhouse in St Catharines carries the Earthway 2130 Spreader at $229 Canadian. The 2130 is designed for large material and has a much bigger opening than a fertilizer spreader. Very durable and for me a lot of bang for the buck since I can topdress and spread seed mulch in the summer.
    http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/Product.asp?PG=2135

They still had a lot 2 weeks ago.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  12. heather lawn spray

Don't pass up the little Snowex so quickly. A little Snowex can cover a 15 foot pathway as fast as you can walk. What's going in the bed? We send our short box 1500 out with a 7'6" V-Boss, a Toro 2450, a walk behind Snowex, a shovel, 1000 lbs of salt and a list of 17 sites from Ayr to Lynwood to Breslau. He comes back 10 hours later, mission accomplised.If you are bored this afternoon between 12:00 and 1:00 I going out to Trussler & Highland to spread a little salt with the walk behind. You can see what it does.

13. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

I haven't passed it up, I am currently using the little home version spreader from rittenhouse and it does the job I just need to make a few trips to the truck to fill up and the handle is made for midgets. The cost of 549 is what's holding me back from the snow ex and I know its worth the money, I am just short on cash at the moment so hence trying to get one used.