1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB V-Plow or Power Wing plow for CAT 924G

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by mdb landscaping, Jul 21, 2009.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

I am looking to find a plow for our 924 Cat IT loader. I want either a V-plow or a power wing plow. It is being used in somewhat of a specialized site, and I currently have a snowpusher on this machine. I would like the option to switch to plow position or some sort of scoop position. I would prefer not to purchase a new horst or machinability for the big coin it costs. If anybody knows of something used that I could use, or even fabricate and make something out of, I would appreciate it. We have a very talented fabricator who could adapt an old plow to fit our need if the right thing comes along.
  2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

My buddie has an older Blizzard 810 that would probably work great for your application, but you're quite far away.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Not to hijack the thread but what might he want for the blizzard plow if the other guy doesn't want it?
  4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Here's the add for it that I put up last year. I think it would have been gone right away, but I slacked on getting pics and stuff, and my buddie slacked on getting it out from being buried in the shop. I'm sure the price won't change:

5. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

a 924 will eat an 810 for lunch. You'll want something a little more heavy duty.
  6. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Try local auctions for a used municipal plow. Around here there auctions strictly for municipl/contractor equipment. Check to see who runs the auctions in your area. For example in our area this guy is big http://www.teitsworth.com/. Or try e-bay.
    Putting a pickup duty plow on that is a waste of money, you'll destoy it the first time you bump into somthing. There designed to have 8-12 K pounds behind them, not 22,000 or more (I don't know what your 924 weighs).
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

Thanks for the replies. Like stated above, I would prefer something heavy duty. I have priced out the Horst Welding blades, and the machinability blades. Both are great and I would love to snap one up, but if I can find a nice used unit, I rather go that route.
  8. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

9. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict