1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB: Unimount #62100 (older mount)

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by snord, Jan 17, 2008.

1. snord

snord Junior Member

I am looking for the unimount mounting kit they sold for pre-1980 3/4 &1-ton trucks. Needs to be in good shape, rust OK, nothing bent or broken. See the picture. Thanks.

Unimount mtg kit.jpg

2. smithplowrepair

smithplowrepair Junior Member

measure the parts and list them out, we'll make it for you. Thanks.

3. snord

snord Junior Member

still looking

I think I'll keep looking for a complete setup; if I did resort to welding up my own unit, I've got a welder friend who I'd have do the work for me, but thanks anyway. Anyone parting out a 77.5-79 F250 with this mount? Also were used for Dodges and Chevys.

4. smithplowrepair

smithplowrepair Junior Member

If you have a "welder friend" that can do it, then why are you waiting and looking? Don'y you think the original ones are fabricated and welded? Good luck to you and the welder..

5. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

My buddy has a mount its for a 73-87 wiring and joystick for 400.00 i dont know about shipping though

6. snord

snord Junior Member

no rush still looking

SmithPlowRepair, you don't take rejection very well. The plow manufacturer's go to a lot of trouble to make these mounts specific to these vehicles so everything fits like it is supposed to, even with a universal mount. A new pickup truck is fabricated and welded, but I doubt you're out there making your own truck. People generally fabricate things because they have to, not because they want to. I can still buy it new, but want to see if someone has one used for less money.

7. snord

snord Junior Member

thanks

stcroixjoe, I am looking to mount a unimount plow on a 1978 F250 which Western does not have a specific mount for unlike the Chevys which stayed the same through 87. I can still find it new for $400-$500, but was hoping someone out there has one they're getting rid of.