1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Turkey Wings...

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by NJ Plowman, Nov 21, 2007.

1. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I am looking for a set of Turkey Wings.

I believe that these are the "sides that would turn a straight blade into a box plow". They will be going on a Western "old cable style" 7.5' or 8' Pro Plow.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

I don't think the guy who made them is still making them. You may find someone with a pair. Have you considered the Danger Wings made by Jerre

3. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Niteman,

I am looking to "box in" my blade, not make it wider. I want to move the snow from one area to another (down tight drives) where my 7.5 straight blade barely fits between the houses on each side of the driveway. I was told the turkey wings don't add width, they just make a box out of the blade and it doesn't affect the trip action. I figured some one on here might have a set they want to get rid of or might know a place that has a set on their shelves. Thanks for the help though...

4. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

Thats cool I thought I would throw it out there. For you purpose you need turkey wings. Maybe someone has a set. Good Luck.

5. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

6. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

go to a weld shop and show them a box blade pic. im sure you could get a pair fabbed up

7. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

That will probably be what I will do next, but I figured I would try and see if anybody here knew anybody with a spare pair or if anybody took the turkey wing idea over...

8. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

i thought about it but i bet my guys would bite off to much and burn up the tran.

9. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Roger the Turkey Wing guy is now retired and had a few sets Turkeys
    still for sale. Will be home tomorrow and will send you his contact
    info..............geo

I love my Turkeys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Cool... Thanks!

11. sonjaab

Steve.......Info sent ! If you don't get it let me know..................

My Turkeys are the cats meow for the narrow bank drive thru lanes I do!
    Had mine for 6 seasons so far! .............geo

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2007
  12. adrebs57

adrebs57 Junior Member

I'm also interested in the turkey wing setup can you forward me the guys info on the wings. I've searched the internet high and low and cn't seem to find anyone selling them
    Allan

13. nv_my_z71

nv_my_z71 Member

Could I also get some contact info

14. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Power scopes are still made. $375 shiped is what thier web site says. Also check out snogate.com.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  15. cj5

cj5 Junior Member

Last I heard is that Roger is sold out of the Turkey Wings

16. horsepowerlawns

horsepowerlawns Member

Can someone post a pic. of the turkey wings. I looked but never found a pic.

17. adrebs57

adrebs57 Junior Member

the power scoops are sold out as well, the guy emailed me back any pics of the turkey wings?

I checked the snogate.com website but it only has guards for snow on the roof? Do I contact them about plow wings?
    thanks

18. sonjaab

Guys.......Roger the Turkey Wing guy is retired and sadly has no more sets left.
    Heres a few pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  19. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

sonjaab can you please take a pic of the outside side of them? the 3 pics are perfect but i need a pic of the outside side so I can have all views of it so I can fab up a set. Thanks, ken

20. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

How does that when the blade trips?