1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB: Tailgate Salt Spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by JohnnyU, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Looking for a tailgate unit in decent or better condition. SnowEx 575 size or larger, something that can hold 6 cu.ft. or greater, hitch mounted preferred, but I can make anything work. Variable speed also desired.

Within 150 miles of Chillicothe, IL would make this a sweeter deal as well.

Thanks!!

2. RRobbe

RRobbe Member

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Thanks. I sent him a PM last week, but haven't heard back from him.

4. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I've got 2 hitch mount spreaders that will be coming up for sale soon. Both variable speed. One is an older unit I refurbished, you can see pics of it in my thread in the pic forum. I do have a buyer coming to look at that one Monday, if he doesn't take it I will be listing both of them at the same time.

The other is a western pro flow, I still have to order some parts for this one including the motor. I would sell it cheap if you want to order the parts and put it together. I've already blasted and repainted the frame work.

5. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Morning BUMP. Looking to buy this week if a good deal comes along!

I might be interested, what are you looking to get for it, and where are you located?

6. x.system

x.system Senior Member

$500 for the older yellow one, $400 for the air flo, it needs about $300 in parts. Lyons MI 48852.

7. Otts

Otts Junior Member
    from WI

8. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Thanks Otts. Nice looking unit, I suppose it could be converted to standard receiver mounted?

9. mikeitu7

mikeitu7 Senior Member
    from Palos

Did you purchase one already? I think I am going to sell mine, I no longer need it lost accounts. Its a snow ex I believe 575 new wiring, and have the controller.

10. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I have not found one yet. I would be very interested in yours. Shoot me an email UnesSnowRemoval@gmail.com

Thanks!

11. jmullins6987

jmullins6987 Junior Member

sno-way on ebay 9 cubic foot. $1499 free shipping.

12. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Any experience with the new SnoWay's? I kind of like the looks of that smaller 4cu.ft unit. Seems like it would be less blocked rear visibility, and that dealer is offereing free shipping....

13. RRobbe

RRobbe Member

I have two Snoway 9 Cube. They work great have had them for 4 or 5 seasons and no issues. I have two variable speed controls and would not get them again. I always have mine set on 10. So I recomend just the switch. Just my opinions.

14. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Still looking for one guys!

15. Otts

Otts Junior Member
    from WI

It could be done.

16. Johnny.
    Long time no talk.. We had snow here this mornin and last nite.. I have a real nice Western Pro Flo 2 that im looking at selling, it has a receiver hitch mount on it. Works great and in real good shape. Head up this week and take a look at it. Give me a call at 309-314-4588

17. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Hey Blake, How ya been?

I ended up buying a SnowEx 575 from my local dealer. He quoted me a price that I just couldn't refuse so I picked it up Friday afternoon and installed it as the snow was starting to stick. Used it a bit today, nice little unit!
    [​IMG]

18. banonea

banonea PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 3 year old western flow pro 2 for sale. It is built to be a hitch mount so it can be used on any truck. It will hold about 100lb of product. It has a conveyor and spreads anything you put in it. I spread salt/sand for the most part, but it will spread bulk or bagged salt as well. I just put new belts on it. It has a light mounted on the drivers side for better visibility when spreading, I just undercoated/rhino lined the entire frame. It has a sight window in the side for viewing your remaining salt or salt/sand. It has a plastic removable top. I have it set up on a toggle switch because the adjustable controller burned out and they are $400.00. It works great that way, but I do have a controller from another sander I will throw in on the sale. I am asking $1500.00 firm. not sure what shipping is from Rochester, MN. feel free to email me at bakkus666@gmail.com for pic, I tried to upload them and it wont let me. we could do something like meeting part way if that would help. It works great, I just bought a new western tornado and do not need it

19. plowboss

plowboss Member

Have two tailgate spreaders.....Salt Dogg..800lb capacity gently used one season..
    Meyer 600 lb capacity new..never used..swing gate..
    Both complete with all wiring and controlls.
    e-mail plowboss@aol.com near Cleveland, Ohio

20. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

This thread is what, two years old? I'm not even in the business anymore.

Thanks for the replies though.

Moderators, please close this thread. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.