1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB: Tailgate or Hitch-Mounted Sander in New England

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by VTDave, Apr 2, 2008.

1. VTDave

VTDave Member
    from VT

Looking for a used salt/sand spreader in New England. Needs to be able to spread wet sand. Tailgate or trailer hitch mount.

I'm thinking of:

Air Flo MSS
    Fisher Speedcaster 2
    Western Pro Flo 2

Email me: djcahill AT gmail.com
    Located in central Vermont

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

Smith stainless spreader

Dave, I am thinking of selling my 1 and 3/4 it is electric and is 4 yrs old looks like new. feel free to contact me with any more questions. you can send me a pivate message.

Standard Features

· Stainless Steel Construction
    Hopper, frame, and all structural components are constructed of stainless steel

· Slider Bed Cover
    A replaceable HDPE plastic slider-bed cover

· Easy Maintenance
    All fasteners are stainless steel!

· Inverted “V”
    Included as standard equipment

· Pintle Chain Conveyor
    12” wide steel, riveted pintle chain with 3/16 x 1 cross bars spaced on 5” centers. Chain strength is rated at 22,000 lbs., and is of the exposed pin type to minimize chain rust-ups

· Conveyor Drive
    Eight-tooth sprockets on a 1-inch diameter shaft mounted on ball bearings. The driveshaft is driven by a 50:1 worm gear speed reducer

· Spinner
    A 14” diameter 6-blade urethane disc is mounted on a 1-inch diameter shaft. Material dispersion is controlled by stainless steel adjustable flappers
  3. VTDave

VTDave Member
    from VT

Nice V-box spreader. I was looking for something a little smaller ... just to do my 750 foot driveway. Good luck, though. Nice truck, btw. I want a Chevy 2500HD but don't have the $$$ just yet. :)

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

Thanks for the response on my sander, and thanks for you comments on my truck. If you know anyone interested let me know. take care, SNOWANDICEMAN
  5. bdavis

bdavis Member

I have the Fisher Poly model 1000

Model 1000
    Economy tailgate spreader
    High-density polyethylene hopper
    8 cu.ft. capacity (400 lbs.).
    10" diameter spinner
    Powder coated steel auger and agitator
    12V, DC motor mounted inside a sealed housing in the hopper.
    Fixed mount or Dual SWING AWAY® design which allows you to swing the spreader out of the way without removing the tailgate or receiver hitch mount.

Like Brand New $ 650. half the cost of new....brian 978-412-9008
  6. VTDave

VTDave Member
    from VT

Found myself a spreader. Thanks for all who responded.