1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB - strobes/leds (&/or) lightbar

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by EGLC, Nov 8, 2007.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Let me know what you've got f/s. I'm looking at installing a couple lights on my '07 Dodge. If its a lightbar I want a smaller one that can fit on a back rack. Also looking for (4) hide-aways. (amber or clear) Also leds or strobes. Probably just going to go with one of the three for know so let me know what you've got. Will pay PayPal or MO.

2. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

3. HAZMAT

HAZMAT Junior Member

4. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

I have a Whelan Mini-Edge for sale that has the mounts to go on a BackRack. Asking $300 OBO and I am located in NJ.

5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have a pic?

6. BlueRam2500

Sure do. My cell number is in my sig, you can call me if you would like.

IMG_0442.jpg

7. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Is it hard to install? Can you mount it to a backrack? Do you have the mounting brackets? How well does it show up compared to LEDs?

8. BlueRam2500

Not hard to install at all, just a matter of running the wires to a switch and power. I bought a 3 switch panel from awdirect and had it run to that. A friend of mine who works in the towing industry wired it up for me. I have the mounts for a Back Rack already on there. It is bright as anything and worked great last season for plowing, Let me know if you have anymore questions.

9. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

How much does a switch cost? $25??

10. BlueRam2500

11. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Alright let me think about it. They want around $75 for a switch so I'm looking @ $375 + installation. Where in NJ are you? I'm in rockaway. btw are you firm on that? It has (4) corner strobes, correct? Anything else on it?

Want my trailer? I'll sell it to you for $525 & you give me the lightbar.........

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  12. BlueRam2500

What are the specs on the trailer? The price is OBO, and it is listed on Ebay with a starting bid of $250. I could put you in touch with my friend George who installed in on my truck in the beginning. He didn't charge me all that much.

13. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

14. BlueRam2500

That trailer is sweet but I don't need something that big. Let me know about the lightbar.

15. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I have to sell the trailer before I can buy it. The trailer $$$$ I'm going to use to dump into the truck. Find me a buyer & you can count it sold!

16. BlueRam2500

You should throw it on Ebay, I have had nothing but good luck selling stuff on there.

17. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I am selling a beacon and a 48" light bar. In " everything must go" in the for sale forum.

18. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

19. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I think I'm good for now. As long as the trailer sells I'll buy "BlueRam2500"s light bar. That should be good for now.