1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB stainless steel v box spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by sno commander, Dec 1, 2009.

1. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

looking for a nice used stainless v box. i would prefer a 6-7 ft but an 8 will do. looking for a complete unit with the contols and wiring. gas or electric, no hyd. Im in ct but will travel.
    thanks

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Harder Electra Spread made by Smith Metal Works (also know as the Series I Smith unit). I completely re did it last year. Works great, it's just too heavy for me to move around. I would like to get $2500. Can send pics if you want.

3. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I have a non stainless salter. 6 ft. has extentions to hold about a yard or so

Looking for $1400

4. sno commander

from ct

how long is that spreader? are you on the east side of pa?

5. rpainetfd

rpainetfd Member

6. lilweeds

I'm near Reading and I'd be willing to drive a bit to help ya out. It takes up a good part of my bed. It's latest use was in a 1 ton dump. I guess it 8 ft. The manual says 90" so just shy of 8 ft. Holds about a yard and a half or so. I will get some pics to you in the AM the ones I have are with it upside down.

7. sno commander

from ct

ok cool, i just mapquested reading, about 4 hours away, not too bad. ill wait for the pics do you have the cab controls for this spreader?

8. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

We have a Western Ice Breaker stainless steel vbox for sale. It came off of a 2002 F250 short bed that had a blown V8 gas engine.

I would have to look, but I believe we have no truck side wiring, controller, etc. Just the V box spreader itself. Also, the gas engine will likely have to be overhauled or replaced.

At this point I would release it for $3,000.00 firm.

Let me know if you are interested. I can get pictures for your review.

Thank you,

Joe

9. sno commander

from ct

sorry i dont wont to go to il for a sander

10. lilweeds

It has a list of new parts. Custom take up rollers front and rear (stainless), new bearing, new motor, new belt, new main roller. Needs nothing. Fully electric, simple on/off switch. Give me a call 610-802-0744 and we can talk about it.

Rich

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

11. sno commander

from ct

not a big fan of the belt drive, seems like wet sand might be a hard to spread with it. thanks anway. sorry im kind of picky

12. lilweeds

Never had sand in it, but it did spread wet salt well, except it stuck to the front corners a bit.

13. Bigb40319

Bigb40319 Member

i have a 8ft air flow 9hp chain drive and all the chains were replaced last year including convayer chain asking 2200