1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by WOODY367, Aug 12, 2008.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Looking for a used V-box spreader. Can need work or even new engine. Perfer SS but will consider any. Looking in NY tri state area. Please PM me with what you have.

2. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

how much are you looking to spend i have a swenson 4 yard ss converted to electric motor its 10 feet long new drag chain last winter, let me know i have a few friends that atr getting rid of stuff

3. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I am trying to keep it as cheap as possible. Thats why it can need work as a friend is a repair shop that deals all the time with them. He is also looking for me. Looking to start offering sand/salt this year and see how it goes. If it works out the invest in something better. I also forgot to mention Its for a pickup so 8' 1.5-2 yards. Thanks.

4. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Anyone know of one?

5. sawbones25

sawbones25 Member

I have an older HiWay Model P that I bought from a guy up on L.I.
    It's down here in Md now, but maybe we could work something out...

6. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

sawbones25 PM sent

7. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

I have four and only need two. Cheapest one is a snoway painted. Ran last year, needs minor repair to chute shaft. Engine guard is getting pretty thin but main body of sander is very solid. $800 the way it is. If I have it later on I'll spend a day on it and get 12to1500 in the fall. Comes complete with in cab electric control box.

8. The Boss 26

The Boss 26 Junior Member
    from CT

do you have any pictures you could send me im interested

9. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

If you mean me yes, just pm an e-mail address and I'll get some tomorrow.

10. The Boss 26

The Boss 26 Junior Member
    from CT

if i new how to pm u i would

11. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

once you have been a member for 10 days and have made 10 posts you will gain access to the private message feature. You can list a phone number if you would like

12. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Here, I'll list my number if interested, 802-793-7023.