1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB SnowEx V-box spreader close to 45322

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by wkahler, Dec 19, 2009.

1. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Looking to possible by a V-box spreader if the price is right. I found a few nice ones but they are not close to me. I have a 8' bed so the size is not that big of a deal, but looking for a complete set up : controller, wiring, and vibrator. Let me know what you have, e-mail is the fastest way to reach me since i am addicted to my CrackBerry. I am located in Englewood, Ohio 45322, thinking of local as 150 miles.

2. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

3. ramdieselsmoke

ramdieselsmoke Member

dude dont do it, i had a vee pro 8000 last season 2 years old and spent more time unloading because it was clogged then working the thing and making money with it. also the spread pattern sucks. only thing that i liked about it was it looked cool and it was easy to load/unload. they are over priced junks. luckly i sold mine 3/4 way through winter last season for 400 less then i paid for it ($2000) and went back to the curtis fast cast 550 i picked up. i wouldnt reccomend it, for $1850 this year i got a steal on a 2006 meyers diamond stainless steel sander and i used it once worked like a charm so far.... goodluck

4. bluespruce

bluespruce Member

i tend to agree even my 7500 isnt amazing. i like theres no gas motor but its slow to turn on, for me it sucks because i have parking lots with entrances and exits and its slow to start spreading. it has auger and vibrator and it needs both to get the material out so other choices may be worth it.

5. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

I am open for whatever is proven and works good, i have one commercial lot and the rest are residents. i have a tailgate spreader now, just sick of loading it up every 10 mins.!!

6. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

stick a person in the back of the truck to keep loading till done, thats what i do if you have someone available

7. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

That was my thoughts, if i can find a dependable person............LOL. The locals don't like to get up that early!!

8. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

i use my 16 old cousin, pay him 50 bucks for about 20min of work and he loves it, i'm sure the price will go up soon when he demands more but well worth it

9. bluespruce

bluespruce Member

i dont look back on moviing to v box and bulk. dealing with bags is a pain, them flying out and the pain of you doing it or haveing a idiot do it u have to count on them... the only good thing is knowing what ur putting down

10. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

I have two boys, but 4 and 2 doesn't help when the bags are 80lbs. I have a few friends in line but the problem is no one wants to get up help, not sure what the deal is but seems to be hard to get someone to help out just for about an hour!