1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB snow plow and truck mount for 1986 Chevy K30

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by unimog-guy, Sep 4, 2014.

1. unimog-guy

unimog-guy Member

I am looking for a snow plow setup (plow, pump, truck side mounts) for my 1986 Chevrolet M1008 CUCV (K30). I am in VA and would prefer something on the east coast. Let me know what you have either by posting in this ad or PM me.

Thank you in advance,

Chris

2. forwhlr989

forwhlr989 Member

3. Usedsnowplows

Usedsnowplows Inactive

I've got a western uni mount mount, snoway mount or boss mount for your truck, as well as a complete plow for all three, I can & do ship often so call or text me at 419 234 0720, John Usedsnowplowsupply.com

4. stenny

stenny Senior Member

are you still looking i have a complete setup for sale

5. unimog-guy

unimog-guy Member

No I found one thank you.

image.jpg

6. stenny

stenny Senior Member

blizzard? let me know when your ready to get a fisher those blizzards don't work very well from what i am told

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What's wrong with them that you "heard"?

8. stenny

stenny Senior Member

That they dont plow well y out need to plow same spot a few times and when you plow a lot of sjow it sticks to blade and that snow goes over top because there is no foil and that everyone who gets one sells it to get a fisher.western and fisher are the best

9. stenny

stenny Senior Member

I was told meyers were junk too

10. dieselss

Well, sorry to say whoever told you that was wrong.
    And your also saying b/c it doesn't have a "foil" snow flies over the plow and that makes the plow a bad plow?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  11. stenny

stenny Senior Member

I was told they are the worse plows out there. I dont know of experience i have only owned fisher plows and never had a issue with fisher

12. dieselss

And again I ask, just b/c the plow doesn't have a foil, it's a bad plow?
    So your bashing a brand, but have no first hand experience with them?

13. stenny

stenny Senior Member

14. dieselss

And?.......That's one.
    And you still haven't answered about the foil?
    Wanna answer that yet? Or do you wanna still dodge that? Don't bash another brand till you plow with them.

15. stenny

stenny Senior Member

The foil issues is if you plow a whole street snow piles up and with that plow it goes over the top which makes it so you need to plow same path more then once. I dont buy anything but fisher and i dont have and breaks or issues ever

16. dieselss

Where your "facts" are coming from aren't quite write.

ANY plow will have snow stick to the molboard.

Hmmm I plow a street, and never had snow pile over top.....resulting in your so called plowing again.
    Get your FACTS.....NOT OPINIONS.....STRAIGHT then come back and add your .02 ok.cupcake?

17. unimog-guy

unimog-guy Member

Are you talking about a airfoil that allows the air to come over the plow to cool the radiator or a snow deflector which "curls" the snow back down? If you are talking about a snow deflector then I have installed one (made out of rubber belt from a rock quarry) in the provided holes at the top of the plow. The picture was taken right after I purchased the plow and installed it. I don't think I have a more recent picture. I plowed 74 driveways (one of those driveways was 1.5 miles long) and 2 commercial properties with 20" of snowfall in 2 days (15" the first day and 5" the second). I didn't have any problems with the plow. The truck is a beast with weight in the rear and a Detroit locker in the rear and a true-trac up front put chains on all 4 and there aren't many places it can't go.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  18. dieselss

Uni.....your plow is fine. There's nothing wrong with it. Someone don't know what they are talking about. Your fine. And happy plowing

19. stenny

stenny Senior Member

Like i said i was told these things. I personally use fisher mm2 and never have issues they are well made.

20. dieselss

So ALL YOUR POINTS ARE MOOT. Like I said, till you have first hand proof, keep it to yourself.