1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB small diesel for Bobcat

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by the_mayor, Feb 28, 2007.

1. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

It had 3cyl non turbo Kubota that blew up. Currently has 4cyl 22h/p gasser. Would rather have 4cyl diesel. Does anyone have or know where one is? Thanks, John

2. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

bumpity bump bump

3. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

Have you tried going through Bobcat. I know they sell reman engines for most of their models. Sometimes its cost prohibitive, I was looking for a diesel for a 963 (Perkins diesel) Bobcat could get the engine but it was around $7000 less the flywheel and accessories and brackets. Is the old engine rebuildable? e-bay has lots of engines as well.

4. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

$7,000 is way more than I want to spend. I can't rebuild the old one because a rod came through the block. Ouch!!

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Look at ebay under "bobcat skid steer", They usually have different parts on there. I have seen a few engines on there before also. Hope this helps

Ryan

6. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

7. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

I haven't been to that site before. Thanks, i'll check it out

8. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

I have a 28hp kubota diesel 4cyl from a pressure washer that we no longer use.

9. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

what do you want for it?

10. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

Sent you a pm

11. coppertrellis

coppertrellis Junior Member

to the mayor

I sell engines on ebay. I can get you that kubota in great running condition for cheap call me 508-328-9537