1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB skidsteer, will trade my Custom Soft Tail

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by got-h2o, Feb 11, 2009.

1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Looking for a CAT 240's or larger, something into the 2000's prefer a track machine, but wheeled ok. Other machines considered, but prefer hand controls. Must have full cab/heat. $26k invested in bike, looking for $15k or so trade.....cash talks even more. Pic in avatar, some details below:

Shante Frame with a 38* rake
    100ci RevTech with a 6 speed trans
    Primo Open primary with 3" belt drive (BDL)
    Arlen Ness 12" over front end
    Harley Davidson Ign/cluster
    Fully adjustable rear suspension
    Custom paint with tribal flames and ghost flames not seen in pics
    Le Pera and Corbin seats, front and rears-a few sets (not shown).
    Vance and Hines Shorty pipes with baffles removed (has a badass sound of it's own)
    Lots of extra chrome, etc.

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

FYI Cat started making skids in 98', so a 2000 and newer isn't too hard to find and a 236 is larger than a 247 or a 242. I would recommend a B series 2004.5 and newer.

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Thanks. When I said into the 2000's, I did actually did mean newer. I know exactly what I want, it's whether I will find one to trade, therefore I'm willing to consider anything thrown my way. I actually have a lot of hours in the seat of a 236b, a 277 also. I really didn't like how the 277 would lose lifting power when running into a pile. Infact, it was real easy to kill it doing so. If a wheel machine, I want a 252 or 262b, if a track I'd prefer a 257b.

I suppose it doesn't matter....I just threw it out there. Not too many people will want to do this sort of trade unless they have the $$ to do so. I've seen a lot in my price range, I'd just rather do the deal this way if possible. LOL, trade me one of yours!!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  4. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

im not gonna lie i just wanna see a pic of the bike you have for trade towards it.

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

lol, I'll post a few

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

A few pics I had on hand:

Back seat not shown in pics but I have a few different seat configurations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member