1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB: Skid Steer

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Buddhaman, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Senior Member

Looking for a skid steer. Needs 2 speed, heated cab and be able to push 10' snow box. Lifting capacity at 2500# would be great. Never had one before so I'm not exactly sure what I need. No preference on controls.

2. dgc

dgc Junior Member

Can i ask y you want a 2speed

3. mrplowcjc

mrplowcjc Junior Member

I'm also interested in one. Looking in the NJ eastern PA area.

4. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Senior Member

I want a 2 speed because it will be driven from site to site as most my lots are only half mile away from each other.

5. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Roughly where are you in WI? I may be able to give you the names of a few dealers I've worked with. I have a feeling used machine availability probably just tightened up sharply.......

6. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Senior Member

I am in north central WI. I have had a local dealer trying to locate me one for 4 weeks now.

7. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

is 2 speed a must? Have a fully loaded john deere 320 for sale. just no 2 speed.

8. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Not sure what your parameters are for price, brand, size, etc....., but here's a link to a dealer down here that also has locations in Appleton, Chip. Falls, & GB. Even if they have something you want and it's in Milwaukee (where most of their stuff appears to be) I'm sure they'd have no problem transfering it closer for you.

http://www.bobcatplus.com/

I am in no way endorsing that you buy from these guys, just trying to give you an idea.

9. mikeitu7

mikeitu7 Senior Member
    from Palos

Around here in Chicago there are non for sale right now with this storm. Went in to New Holland and all the used ones for sale are rented. Nothing for a couple of days.

10. dgc

dgc Junior Member

What are you guys looking for. I have New Hollands. Tell me what your looking for. Mrplowcjc im located in south central pa so not that far. What are you looking for. Let me know guys

11. mrplowcjc

mrplowcjc Junior Member

I'm looking for a used skid steer that is capable of picking skids of salt off of a mason dump. I will also use to load mulch. What do you have?

12. Bigb40319

Bigb40319 Member

mrplowcjc i have an ls 170 cab heat ac with an 8 foot box email if ur interested bigb40319@aol.com

13. dgc

dgc Junior Member

I have a ls 180 and a ls185. Do you need cab and heat or doesnt it matter

14. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

if you are going to use if for snow def. get a 2-speed, you will thank me later. Check Machinerytrader.com , Pilot controls are the way to go too.

15. donleybrent

donleybrent Member

Yeah X2 on that.