1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB: Skid steer

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Raymond S., Jan 18, 2011.

1. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Looking for an older gently used skid steer within reasonable distance of South Bend, IN. Generally going to be used for mulch and loading salt in the winter. For the right deal I could aim at putting a box on it next season but right now I don't have any need for that kind of machine. I have looked at a few 863 bobcats in the $10k range w/ between 2500-3500 hrs. I don't really want to spend that much nor do I have the need for that big of a machine.
    Let me know if you have anything that may be a good fit.
  2. jd$jess

jd$jess Member

i have a 99 763 i am going to be selling has cab enclosure 2100 hours 8500.00
  3. dgc

dgc Junior Member

i have a fixer upper. Its a 2001 ls 180 new holland . It has 3600hrs on it. I rebuilt the pedals, levers,2 new rims,4 brand new tires,new hydraulic lines, new battery,starter etc. It was sandblasted and painted. It runs fine havent really worked it hard yet. It needs a seat which im picking up tomorrow. I'm asking 8900.00. Any questions call 717-729-6815. I can also deliver for a extra charge. Thanks Casey
  4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

He's a copy and paste of my ad. I will separate:

Selling my Bobcat 843 skidsteer and trailer. I love it and it suits me perfectly for what I need it for, but I'm considering upgrading to a new one. Runs and operates great, nice and tight, etc. Until last year it was a 1 owner yard machine, stored indoors since new, etc. Good tires, paint is original, extremely clean for its age. No leaks. Aux hyd, open cab but plexiglass sides and door to keep the wind out. I have a new heater but not installed. I actually use it for snow only during bigger storms and b/c I have it. I bought it more for summer use actually. 3800 hours and a recent motor at Atlas. I have all books and manuals for it.

I'd include my 8' box which suits it perfectly as well as a utility bucket.

Almost EVERYTHING NEW. Axles, brakes, bearings, hubs, drums, wiring, LED lights, HD drop foot jack (spring loaded), you name it. 7 way fully sealed plug with 6' pigtail, junction box, etc... New breakaway kit, custom fabbed front bumper assy, winch mount, and so on. Blasted and painted with high gloss PPG enamel.

I extended the ramps about a foot or so to make loading a Bobcat easy without doing wheelies. Boxed tail light housings with LED 4" rounds and 2" LED markers, LED tail light bar back center.

Bumper pull with pintle eyelet, 18 feet plus 2' dove. 84" btw wheelwells, brakes on all 4 corners. Fenders are made from 5/16" plate so you never have to worry about denting one or having to replace. Entire trailer is based around C-channel, even the floor runners are. Fenders can be used to tie to as well which is nice. Tires and wheels are good but not new. Solid floor, not cheap treated lumber. VERY stout trailer. Rated at 16k, titled new in 97.

I designed everything I've done around my needs and did it right. Just turns out I have another trailer and don't need this one as much as I thought I did. Pulls very nice and it can hold anything that will fit on it.

$14k for everything. Basically it would be something for someone to hook up and go. I trust this machine without a question in my mind.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  5. donleybrent

donleybrent Member

I have three and would sell one of them. Take your pick.
    97 Bobcat 753 with cab and heat. I think about 2500 hrs on that one. $8000
    95 Bobcat 853 with 2900 hrs comes with demo tires and standard tires $7500
    98 New Holland LX 885 2 speed with unknown hrs but a very nice machine with brand new tires $8500

All three machines are tight and run great with good tires. If interested in any you can call me at 989 213 8091 Thanks Brent
  6. dirtnazi

dirtnazi Member
    from ct

Ihave a 642b with cab heat and 780 original hrs second owner new tires mint asking $9200 if interested
    please call 860-883-4640 Brian
  7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I have a Bobcat 743B( 1992-93) I would be willing to sell in April. 1600Hrs, Cab and heat, new tires last year- maybe 40hrs on those. Tooth bucket and flat bucket included.

Send a PM if interested.
  8. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

9. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Thanks for the replies guys. It's been a while since I checked up on the thread. I saw that one in Nappanee on eBay. At this point I not really ready to spend $10k on a machine that will more or less be "handy" to have vs. a necessity. I was hoping to be in the $5k range as I don't really have a need for a late 90's low hr machine...for now. Things could change tomorrow but for now I'm looking to be around $5k, like I said.
    Thanks for the info and I appreciate any feedback on any of the brands or models.

Wipensfan...PM sent
  10. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

Man, Ive not seen a skidsteer in a long time for $5k that I would rely on. Just saying you might want to look at a more reliable machine in a higher price range
  11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

My buddie has an older Case 1845C (80's?) that he may sell in that price range. It's a 4cyl gas motor. It has a recent engine job and runs great. No guarantees though, I'm just thinking he might.
  12. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

You may be right about the budget. I may end up having to pony up a couple grand extra which I don't mind doing for the right machine as long as I can see a need for it.
  13. snowandgo

snowandgo Senior Member

I've Got a Gehl 5635SX with enclosure that has 2400 hrs. Starts every time.

$6,000. I've been using it for a second machine/ yard machine, but at this point I could use the cash more than the machine.
  14. aungst

aungst Junior Member

ray, I have a new holland 783 made in like 94 has a new motor from dealer with paper work,put in this summer it is a ford 63 hp it now has 28 hours on it,new tires also, i bought this machine and put lot of money in it. i have over 13,000 in it i will sell for 10,500. (570)660-2045 richard