1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Salt/Sand Spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by GSullivan, Jun 19, 2010.

1. GSullivan

GSullivan Senior Member

Hello,I'm looking for a salt/sand spreader to purchase.I hope I'm on the right part of the forum.I'm looking for a 2 yarder for my F-350 with an 8' bed.I'd like to spend $2,000 for one or I'll just save a little more $ and buy new.I just thought I'd post here for any one looking to pass one on reasonably.I'll travel the New England area to pick it up.Thanks George

2. dgc

dgc Junior Member

well your in the right spot. I have a 2yard western completely refurbed im asking 2500

3. GSullivan

GSullivan Senior Member

I'm almost scared to ask but here goes.......Where exactly is Penciltucky?I'm for sure willing to travel to pick this thing up but if I have to spend $500 in fuel and a hotel I might be defeating the purpose.Any pics?

4. dgc

dgc Junior Member

Lol PA anhour below Harrisburg right off of 81. I'll try 2 get some pics and see if i can get them uploaded.

5. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Also check out craigslist.... I see them on there all the time..... looking for a Meyers SS one myself....

6. GSullivan

GSullivan Senior Member

Found a sander!

Guys thanks for all the leads,I found a SWEET sander on Craigslist.I bought a 2 yd. Air-flo sander in STAINLESS STEEL with a 10.5 horse engine needs the 2 smaller chains and a little work on the chute.The thing runs like a dream,I scored it for $500 bucks.Now I need the control box.Any leads on that would be great.

7. bterry

bterry Senior Member

I think I've got the control box you need; and I'm willing to sell it. It's got the start key (just like a car), and the throttle switch (momentary) and an indicator light I put on it. Was originally on a Fisher spreader just like yours.

I've also got a spare (brand new) electric clutch you may be interested in.

Call me as I'm not on here much in the summer. 607-222-1463

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  8. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Good deal... do yourself a favor and take the bed chain out.... check out each link and replace a link if necessary.... If its got to many weak links just buy a new chain... suck but you'll thank me when you don't have to shovel out your 2 yards of material at 3am during a storm because a link broke.... and if the chain is in good shape...roll it up and put it in a 5 gallon pail of oil/diesel... leave it there until the fall and reinstall

9. GSullivan

GSullivan Senior Member

Thanks Mick,I checked the chain out and it looks to be in good shape.The sander was stored in a dry barn which helped alot.I did soak the whole machine with PB Blaster.I'll switch to Fluid Film as soon as I figure out where to buy it here on the Cape.Thanks again for the info!