1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wtb rubber snow deflector

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by E-MAN NY, Dec 28, 2009.

1. E-MAN NY

E-MAN NY Senior Member

Hi Guys, im looking for a rubber snow deflector for an 8ft Fisher....im looking for one of the cheaper kits not the $300 Fisher or Western ones....any ideas?

2. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Yep,

go to a rock quarry or gravel pit or any major manufacturer (like a brick co) ask them for some of the rubber belting they throw away............

Take a bunch..........put the crappy side toward the plow and paint the good looking side black.

get a strip of steel and some bolts (stainless is to soft), mark out the bolt hole, drill through the strap and the plow.

When you done drilling, keep the strip the same so the holes will line up later and lay it on the rubber and drill boltholes in the rubber.......put it together and your done.

should be under $20

3. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

5. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

I have an Arctic Avenger from j-thomas.com The rubber itself is heavy enough that it doesn't really need the strips (although I think they look cool)

6. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I just use fender washers between the bolt and the rubber. Have had it this way for 3 seasons, now and none of my bolts have even stretched the rubber yet. Maybe it's because I don't run into piles at 20 mph, but it seems to work great and saves alot of money on buying the steel stock.

7. Pretty much what I do, except I use heavy rubber barn mats from TSC. they have a nice diamond plate pattern on the top. I use stainless bolts and have never had a problem.

8. E-MAN NY

E-MAN NY Senior Member

thanks guys

Awesome feedback!!!! Thanks, looks like i found some rubber and i should have it done by the weekend!!!!!

9. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

I made one for my truck just like that. Conveyor belt rubber/metal strip. That one flexed too much and folded back. The first one I did was too thin . Then I was able to get some of the rubber that was thicker and that worked very well. I have made 3 more for friends and now need to make one for a v plow now. Maybe 20-30 bucks each.

10. gearhead

gearhead Member
    from ind.

you going to sell them?

11. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

No, limited parts availability from work. Used parts (ie, rubber). Just doing a few for friends in need.

12. gearhead

gearhead Member
    from ind.

I could be a friend in need!!!