1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Rear mount plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by bsi87, Oct 21, 2011.

1. bsi87

bsi87 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Looking for good used rear mount plow that fits trailer hitch. Daniels/Snowman/EZ-plow for example. Prefer 7' blade. Email bsi87@aol.com with phone number. Located in Ohio so can go 200 miles or so. Otherwise I'll use Uship.

Thanks.

2. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

I just bought/traded for an 8' EZ plow. Just picked it up today, in fact. I am real impressed with it. Have to get it wired up now. You might want to consider an 8' if you find one. It is just the right size to see in your mirrors.

I found it on Craigslist. Try this search engine for Craigslist. http://www.searchtempest.com/ It works real well.

Good Luck.
    kevlars

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I'm asking $1700 for a 7' Snowman. Here's a pic: [​IMG]

4. mule585

mule585 Member

check the buffalo ny craigslist in the farm and garden and autoparts. theres a guy selling a 7' D&G driftbuster

5. bsi87

bsi87 Junior Member
    from Ohio

I found a 7' Superplow with cart about 2 hrs from me. It's a yr old, used 3 times (old lady drove it to church LOL), has a wireless controller. Guy wants $2300. Looking at Superplow looks like it lists for $2595 or 2695 plus any accessories. And there's a preseason sale, knocks off $200. Any thoughts on the price?

Forgot to mention. My truck F350 4x4 has 6" lifts. Will that be a problem to get the plow low enough to scrape clean?

And do you usually put some weight in the bed?

TIA

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  6. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

You may need to make a drop for it out of a 6 or 8" drop drawbar and welded to a chunk of square tubing. That is what the one I just bought has on it. Works well. Is your truck a dually? If so, you won't see it in your mirrors. I only have about 6 or 8 inches out past my tires on my 2500.

Sounds a little high for a used one, considering the prices for the new ones. I bought my 8 footer for $800. Snowblower, $400 trade value and $400 cash. Mine is a little older one that doesn't have the battery on the plow. It just wires into the truck battery. Which I prefer, anyway.

kevlars

7. bsi87

bsi87 Junior Member
    from Ohio

"You may need to make a drop for it out of a 6 or 8" drop drawbar and welded to a chunk of square tubing. That is what the one I just bought has on it. Works well."

>Yeah, the new 2011 plow has some adjustment built in. Looks like I'll have to get a drop (if I buy it).

"Is your truck a dually? If so, you won't see it in your mirrors. I only have about 6 or 8 inches out past my tires on my 2500."

> Nope, its a 1999 F350 4x4 extended cab with a short bed. I had a snow pusher on a skid loader but the box was 8' wide and the drives I plow are 15' wide with a "V" in the middle so the box straddled the "V" so a 7' blade would clean the areas better. I also needed to clean 2 sites about 2.5 miles apart so a smaller box wasn't an option.

"Sounds a little high for a used one, considering the prices for the new ones. I bought my 8 footer for $800. Snowblower, $400 trade value and $400 cash. Mine is a little older one that doesn't have the battery on the plow. It just wires into the truck battery. Which I prefer, anyway."

>Yeah, I can't figure out why he only used it 3 times but I'm sure he views it as brand new. Looking at used rear plows with motors/pumps/controllers, most are bringing $1300-1500. Guess we'll see when I go look at it.

kevlars[/QUOTE]

8. bsi87

bsi87 Junior Member
    from Ohio

well I bought it for $2150. Guy said he had used on some investment properties 4 times. Cutting edge looked new so it looked ok. It has a wireless fob to run with a deep discharge battery and pigtail hookup. Said he had $3000 in it which with freight is probably right. The blade sticks about 6-12" on either side of the truck so I can see pretty well with my outrigger mirrors. I'll have to drill a hole to modify for my hitch but looks ok.

9. bsi87

bsi87 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Got it home, drilled a hole in my existing receiver, and then put it aside. Snow finally came this past weekend. Had to wrestle it a bit since my floor isn't perfect. The rachet is kinda of cheap but it does the job. Had kept the marine battery on a trickle charger.

Anyway, it worked. Nice to work in a heated cab vs Carharts in a skid loader and be able to hit 2 sites about 2 miles apart.

Still think I need a 6" drop receiver to have the plow at the right angle to the ground.