1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB real cheap plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Holland, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Looking to pick a CHEAP old plow. Want to put a plow on an old farm truck of ours for my dad to use on the farm. Wont leave the property, wont be used hard. like to find at least a 7.5. Just want to get him off an open tractor and in some heat! willing to make a bit of a drive, but not too far. Truck is not worth spending much on.. haha

Thanks!

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

A friend is talking about stripping down an old early 80's chevy 1500 they have sitting in the weeds at their farm. I think it has a Meyer pump and mount on it, next time I'm down there I'll take a look at it and see what their thoughts are on pulling the plow stuff off when they strip the truck down.

3. Holland

Holland Senior Member

perfect! Wait, does this mean i'd have to meet you in person? might be a deal breaker... shoot. haha thanks mark keep me posted

4. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

look for a curtis plow. they can be had for 400-800 regularly.

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Haha. Depending on how things work out I may be able to get it as far as Hwy20/Rt26 north of Freeport or meet you in Orangeville. I'm out there on a some what frequent basis.