1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB: Power Scoops

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by hairygary, Oct 11, 2010.

1. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

Looking for anybody that has a set of power scoops, they want to part with. They are the things slide in the ends of a straight blade plow, that turns it into a makeshift pushbox. Looks like the picture below. PM me if you have any.

psinstalled.gif

psinstalled.gif

2. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I'd like to have a set of these on my blade. Where can you buy them?

3. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

The company that made them went out of business due to distributor issues, so the only way to get them is to find a used set, or have somebody fab them up. here is the website for them.
    http://www.snowplow.info/ps.htm

4. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Thanks for the link, if you happen to find a set for you and an extra let me know.

5. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I have all the materials to build those if anyones interested. I can do rubber or poly edges for them as well.

6. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

Let me know on a price.

I was told the original ones were made of 1/2" plate steel on the sides, but they changed to 3/8" plate as the production continued.

Also would you be able to remove them easily, like they were made. I am not sure if you looked at the web site. I am looking at them to help with some pushes at storage facilities.

7. x.system

x.system Senior Member

1/2" plate would be way to heavy. 3/8" or 1/4" would be a better option for taking them on and off. I did look at the site and I could make them so they are easy on/off but I would add a second pin.

I'm having some steel cut now on a waterjet for wings I'm making so when I go to pick them up tomorrow I hope I will get a price for cutting some steel for these amd figure out how much I can save you over their price. Do you happen to know how tall and how far out past the blade they go or you want?

8. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I have a set for sale, $100.00 plus shipping from michigan zip 48329.

Regards Mike

9. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

I will PM you, consider them sold if they are in good shape.

10. flykelley

PM sent back to you.

11. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Do those that have used these like them better than wings?

12. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

I have a set of endplates on a Hiniker plow. They will move alot of snow. They will also leave snow trails between plow and ends, because they do not overlap the front.

13. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Did you get a price that you could sell these at if you can make them?

Did you sell your set.

14. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

I would also be interested in a set for my plow, pm sent

15. flykelley

Yes I sold the set I had.

Mike

16. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

No I didnt get a price as I ended up getting the used set from fly Kelly, which should be making it to my house this weekend.

17. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Xsystem is pricing out making me a set. ACA, Pm X, he said he could make these..