1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB - Poly V-Box Spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by SnowGuy, Dec 30, 2009.

1. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

I would like to buy a poly v-box spreader. Preferably, a Salt Dogg or SnowEx. Must be auger fed (SnowEx), in excellent condition and reasonably priced. Have CASH ! Drop me an e-mail @ jerryt@kenton.com
    THANKS !!!
  2. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

i know you said auger fed i have both snow ex 8000 with dual vibrators and snow ex 8500 with the auger besides the fact the 8500 holds more i have had no problems with either(except their pos control box which the 8500 is a lot more then the 8000). There are just less parts to break on the 8000 the auger motor is around $600 and only lasted me 3 yeras before i replaced it this year no biggie but the 8000s with dual vibrators have lasted me 5 years with no real problems and even spread wetish salt with no problems. just my .02
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Is there a particular reason you want poly? I have a Fisher PolyCaster, electric motors of course. Works great. But it is just about the same weight as a metal unit. I backed into a tree, and will eventually have to replace the hopper. It's over two grand. My next spreader will be stainless steel, but I will stay with electric drive.
  4. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

Bump back to the top !!!