1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB: Plow Wings

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by dbcustoms, Nov 19, 2009.

1. dbcustoms

dbcustoms Senior Member

I am looking to buy a set of plow wings for my meyer st7'6" i don't really have the money for a new set, im just looking to widen my plow out a bit without investing a lot more into my set up.

I was also wondering if anyone had a pattern for the plwo wings? i have a plasma cutter and welder so i think i could fab my own but i dont have a pattern for them.

I plow mostly as a sub contractor for someone else and they don't like calling me in because my blade isnt wide enough. i also do a few drives and a small commercial lot on my own that i thought the wings would be nice for.
  2. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

good luck finding used, i've been looking for awhile now. I broke down and bought new ones this morning. So far they suck to mount.

I saw a set of the brackets on ebay the other day for 15 obo plus 10 shipping. After that you'd just need to make the plates and get rubber for the cutting edges. I was going to make my own too, I have a 4'x8' sheet of 1/4" plate and a plasma, but i figured it'd just be easier to buy em and be done with it.

Your best bet, find someone local and trace em, theres some different angles your gunna need.

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

4. dbcustoms

dbcustoms Senior Member

i know they are worth the money, the problem is i really dont have the extra cash right now.
    i figured if i could pick up a set of used ones or the patterns i could probably fit that into the budget