1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wtb: plow truck in ohio

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by bigdog2009, Oct 14, 2009.

1. bigdog2009

bigdog2009 Junior Member
    from ohio

looking for a plow truck for less than 3000.00 to plow small lot and driveways

2. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

I've got an 88 f250 with a meyer 7.5' plow that has been extremely reliable for the past 5 years. I'm lookin for an excuse to visit a friend of mine in bowling green. I'd deliver the truck for a reasonable fee :)

3. bigdog2009

bigdog2009 Junior Member
    from ohio

how much are you asking and do you have any pictures?

4. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

Well here's the deal, lol...I (and the previous owner) have maintained the truck very well. unfortunately this was from the era of fords that they had no, or at least faulty, primer on the truck. so the body looks like poo.
    As an example, the clutch started slipping finally after 4 solid years of service for me and I replaced the clutch, pressure plate, t.o. bearing, master cylinder, slave cylinder, and the hose between. so in the clutch circuit, everything but the pedal is new. thats one I wont have to worry about now for the next 5-10 years. thats the way the truck has been serviced its whole life, and you can tell it when u drive it. it sits from march to january every year under a carport and other than when i replaced the battery, has never failed to start. I've driven and looked at alot of plow trucks, and when i say it starts right up....it doesnt start and sound like half of its plug wires are missing, it starts and purrs like the day it left the factory.

I'd prefer to sell the truck without the spreader and the light isn't on there anymore. but other than that, what you see is what you get. a meyer 7.5' plow thats in excellent shape, an extremely reliable truck that is a pleasure to drive, and all of it ready to plow right now. The problem is, the truck will make me twice what I could get out of it in one night. That said. I'd like $3000 obo.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009