1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Plow truck F250 or 2500

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by All Season Lawn, Jul 27, 2008.

1. All Season Lawn

All Season Lawn Member

Looking to buy a f250 2000 or newer or a gm/Chevy 2500 97 or newer looking to spend under 10k whats out there looking to only travel max 150 miles from grand rapids MI

2. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

i would say the ford F250 but thats just cause the solid axle in the front but thats it

3. Greybeard

Greybeard Member
    from MA

It's your lucky day! I've got a 00 F350 with a Fisher plow for sale on the next page here, and I can get it delivered to MI. It's a good, solid rig that only plowed one season. The 350 will carry 1000 lbs. more in the bed than the F250, and otherwise it's the same truck.

4. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

You forgot to put a price in there for him.

5. All Season Lawn

All Season Lawn Member

thanks greybeard but looking for an automatic for plowin

6. Greybeard

Greybeard Member
    from MA

Thanks for the replies, guys.
    1. The asking price is in the original listing - $8900, which is less than any other similar trucks I've seen.
    2. Once you get used to plowing with a stick shift, it has a lot of advantages. Also, they are tougher than automatics. Replacing an auto transmission can eat up a lot of your plowing $, and I've seen plenty of them get smoked plowing snow.
    This is probably a good time to be shopping. Lots of trucks for sale. Good luck with your search.

7. All Season Lawn

All Season Lawn Member

bump to the top

8. awagner9

awagner9 Member
    from NW Ohio

9. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

ford f-250

1997 F-250 with 8ft western uni-mount plow.fresh paint last year 351 v8, 130,000 mies, truck is solid no problems, price negotiable...white in color

10. All Season Lawn

All Season Lawn Member

bump to the top

11. kwegman003

kwegman003 Member

Ive got a 1997 F350 351 126k miles plowed for one season only. Plow has a back blade and I could meet you somewhere within your range for a negotiable price. See the ad for the truck 1997 f35 plow for one year only. pics are included there.

12. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

PM sent!!!!

13. CHAPARRAL

CHAPARRAL Junior Member
    from OHIO

hey if your still looking im a little further than you want to travel but i got the deal its a 97 f350 with 8 ft diamond plate steel flat bed no rust on cab very little on chasis, it has a 9 ft western uni mount wired pistol grip controls, and also with the rig is a western sno pro two salt spreader all together with original 70 thousand miles a/c works perfect ice cold auto matic four wheel drive new load range d tires brakes spring kit in rear shoes and wheel cylinders both sides on all parts and calipers in front didnt need pads.

all everything 5,500.00 provided we do business within the next two days of this posting, its red in color interior is excellent no rips tears nothing, good truck dual tanks has the 460 engine big block.the extra travel you would have i have made up for in price, this is a 7,000 dollar rig all day. i need it to complete a nother transaction i have going on 937 288 2307 call any time late as neeeded. or 937 661 0031 im telling ya, if youo havent found a truck this is truck to get well taken care of. let me know stevehllsbr@aol.com

14. CHAPARRAL

CHAPARRAL Junior Member
    from OHIO

What about delivery would you consider my rig if i got it there, ill bring a 97 f350 with 8.6 western uni mount plow and western sno flow two spreader for 5,000.00 dollars, truck has original 70k miles on it, no rust on cab and no rust on cab, slight to moderate dent in pasenger door no biggie excellent truck for the money. 937 288 2307 could bring today or tomorrow if your interested very nice truck pics on site already and i have moreeeeeeeeeeeee

15. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'll sell my 01 Duramax minus the plow in that ballpark

16. CHAPARRAL

CHAPARRAL Junior Member
    from OHIO

Are you looking to purchase a 97 f350 with plow and spreader if so let me know thanks 937 288 2307 steve i have a nice unit for you to take a look at

17. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

He started this post 7-27-08. One might think he found a truck by now.

18. CHAPARRAL

CHAPARRAL Junior Member
    from OHIO

Hey if you have anymore insight on these threads maybe call me an let me know if you feel like it 937 288 2307 yeah any help from a plow site addict might help. Yeah do that