1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB: Plow setup for 99-04 superduty

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by vtpsd, Jan 7, 2014.

1. vtpsd

vtpsd Junior Member
    from vt

I would like a 8' straight blade plow setup for my 99 f250 SD. Prefer fisher, but will consider anything. This is just for my own personal drive. I prefer not to spend over $1000 on a complete setup, so obviously if it needs a bit of work, I am ok with that. May consider spending more for the right setup.

I am located near Bristol VT, so the closer the better.

Thank you.

2. tsut

tsut Member
    from NE Ohio

still available from a neighbor…

posted last year; but I still see my neighbor has it… might fall into the 'right setup' but its gonna be more than $1,000.

post title: Western Pro 7'-6" (29" blade)
    (posted 1/1/2013)

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=142900

Tom

3. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

he's looking for an 8 foot fisher plow close to VT for a 1999-2004 Ford for $1,000.

you offer a 7.5 foot western plow in OH from a 2011 Ford for $4,000

can anyone point out some problems here?

4. vtpsd

vtpsd Junior Member
    from vt

still looking, just missed a nice condition curtis 8' with everything for $900. Darn.

5. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

We have a nine foot Western complete. Came from 04 450, New edge but the center pin has been welded. Asking 1300.

6. vtpsd

vtpsd Junior Member
    from vt

I'm interested, do you have any pictures? Complete with all truck side accessories? you can email me at danapcurtis@hotmail.com
    Thanks

7. jrs.landscaping

from Maine

I can get pics tomorrow or Monday the latest, yes it is a complete takeoff.

8. vtpsd

vtpsd Junior Member
    from vt

not too worried about a welded pin as long as its functional. This is mostly just going to be for my own home.

9. jrs.landscaping

from Maine

It worked when it was taken off, we just upgraded to an xls

10. vtpsd

vtpsd Junior Member
    from vt

where are you located?

11. jrs.landscaping

from Maine

Lebanon, on the nh border.

12. vtpsd

vtpsd Junior Member
    from vt

i just realized that the 450 maybe take a different truck side frame than the 250 and 350. Anybody know if this is true?

13. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

For Fisher it's 250-550. All the same.

14. vtpsd

vtpsd Junior Member
    from vt

ok, thank you for that. I'd love a fisher, but they seem to bring more than I want to spend. I had an old 8' fisher on my 87 chevy and that plow was almost indestructible. What about for western? i could probably do a bit of internet searching and find out.

15. gtmustang00

from Berlin

You can get a Fisher truckside for 5-600 bucks. Then get a Fisher mm1 plow for 5-800 dollars.

16. vtpsd

vtpsd Junior Member
    from vt

are wiring harnesses pretty much universal? i mean I know how to wire, Ive build complete engine harnesses for cars, so Im sure I can make pretty much anything work if need be.

17. gtmustang00

from Berlin

It's the headlight harness's that are different and i believe iso module's depending on the year.

18. GLS

GLS Senior Member

19. vtpsd

vtpsd Junior Member
    from vt

thats a nice plow, honestly is better than what I need and a bit out of my price range.

20. R.J.B.

R.J.B. Member

i have a Meyers whole setup off my 99 f-250 for 800.00. 7.5 ft poly bladew/ e60 pump