1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Plow For F150

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by cobraman, Sep 14, 2007.

1. cobraman

cobraman Member

I have an 06 F150 Super Crew with 5.4 gas engine and 6.5' bed and am looking for a unimount plow. I am located in Northern Illinois NW of Chicago. This will be my first truck mounted plow. The Sno-way was suggested for this truck but I don't want to lay out 4 grand for a new plow right now.
  2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Hit up car dealerships. They take plows off of trucks all the time. I have bought a couple of plows from a few different dealers. My friends all have too. The cheapest I got one for was the whole set up: Mount, Harness, and 7.6ft Uni-Mount Plow (almost brand new, homeowners personal driveway plow) for $600. Now I bought it in July when no dealer want's to have a plow on their lot, and I got it from a dealer that had many plows sitting on the side of his building. That is where I would start. Always remeber also, if you can find a good deal on a mount and wiring harness for your truck, buy it. If you have that on, you can find ANY Uni-Mount plow no matter the mount, keep the plow and sell the mount and harness that come with the plow. Just my 2 cents
  3. cobraman

cobraman Member

Thanks for your reply Philbilly. I am still looking guys. The only one's I found so far are $500 worth of gas away. I know there have to be some for sale out there within a more reasonable distance.
  4. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

PM sent...