1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB plow for 2005 F150

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by eric_mc, Aug 18, 2009.

1. eric_mc

eric_mc Member

Would like something used - but easy to mount/dismount. Want something light - do not want to tax the truck too much. From Northshore Massachusetts.
  2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I have a Meyer MDII with a ST-7' Blade with F150 mounts, This plow is like NEW!, comes with everything, all the wiring, modules, light plugs, and touch pad controls as well as the 05Ford F150 Mounts. This is the ideal plow for your truck, all the durability of a real plow with the weight suitable for your truck.

If your interested call me

508 753 6617
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  3. bdavis

bdavis Member

I have several ...im in ipswich....give me a call 978-412-9008
  4. eric_mc

eric_mc Member

Thanks for the responses guys.

Jay - would you mind letting me know how much you are asking for that setup? Looks like it might be perfect for me.

Brian - any chance you have a Snoway 26?

I have friends who have 150's and Fisher 7'6 steel and think they are too demanding on the truck. One just had his transmission rebuilt on a 2 year old 150.....trying to stay away from something too heavy.
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Thats a great choice for your truck.
  6. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Well I would agree that a 7' blade is not as productive as a 7.5' but Fisher, Meyers and Western all offer a 6'8" model for a 2002 F150 through their EZ match system, So with that being said I would say the a 7' has 4 more inches than a 6'8" model.

The price is $2750 for a complete Turn key package ready for install for your truck.
  7. eric_mc

eric_mc Member

Thanks Nascar - not too worried about the 7'....just wanted to look at the weight on the Meyers site and think it over - I will get back to you - it looks like a very nice plow - from the pictures, it looks new. Thanks.

edit: the weight seems very high at 640 compared to some of the other meyers - wondering if it will be too much for the truck. Also, on the Meyers site, it shows the ST-7' with only 2 springs:
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  8. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I believe the weight is the shipping weight, if it is, the packaging may have a 20--50 lb reduction. in actual on the truck weight. I installed a 7.5' MD II on a 07 F150 late last season, truck handeled it fine, customer added a set of Timbrens for added support, his said with heavy wet snow he though it wouldn't hurt.

The plow in the picture has a 7.5' sector so I just added the 3rd spring for better trip performance.