1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB - Plow for 2003 Chevy 2500hd

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by EGLC, Nov 15, 2009.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Will travel, have cash. Prefer a MM2 Fisher but will consider, boss and western as well.

If you have mounts for 2003 Chevy 2500hd its a plus but no biggie if not.

Have $2000 cash to spend.
  2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I have a very similiar plow to the one in the pictures, it's not quite done, should be ready by the weekend.

It is a 8' Meyer C8 EZ Mount Classic with Chevy 2500 Mounts, E57 Pump, , it comes with the light modules, lighting harnesses, power harnesses, solenoid, and touch pad control.
    I know your budget is $2K this one is priced at $2800, pump was recently rebuilt by a meyer dealer[, new hoses, many new electrical harnesses and modules, the mounts are brand new!. This is a plow that you can go make money right out of the box, no chasing any parts and ready to go!

If your interested give me a call 508 753 6617

DODGE-BOY Senior Member
    from OHIO

I've told you before and I will say it again. I don't understand all these guys wanting plows for 2000-2500 looking at a used piece that has sat in the corner for two years or is half used up when for 2800-3200 they can have a plow that not only has new wiring, modules, bolts, cutting edges, lights, cables, harnesses, and rebuilt pumps, but ones that look like brand new too. If I wasn't capable of buying and rebuilding and putting packages together out of misc. pieces, I would be buying MY stuff from you. My own personal stuff doesn't look nearly as good as what you sell. Hope you are having a good year.
  4. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Won't even consider Meyer. A NEW Fisher 8' MM2 is $3900 here so I think $2000 is very fair........
  5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i would but your 2k wont even cover the nut on my new western ultra
  6. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Good luck in your $2000 search, you may get lucky, but up here in these parts, for $2k you will get an early MM1 package with a two plug system, and the blade will look like it sat at the bottom of the ocean along side of the Titanic.

As I inform buyers, what you are looking for will more than likeley cost you twice the savings after the second storm.... when your paying a sub to cover your route to save your accounts.

The $3900 Fisher price, I'm sure is before you pay NJ sales tax and installation. so look before you leap! lol, the reason I know this.... I have sold four plows to guys from NJ who have shopped and have admitted that they have seen these $3900 quotes go Bada, Bing, Bada Boom to nearly $5k when they go to drop off the truck, so they were very happy to take a 3-4 hour drive to save $2k

But good luck, you might just find what your looking for next April.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  7. tojay22

tojay22 Member

i will sell u my fisher for 1800. plowside only. 616-446-1777

8. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

too bad you werent closer man.....btw $2500 bought my buddy a basically new boss 9'.
    i may just go new with financing options
  9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

yea, your gonna be REAL lucky if you find a deal on something for $2k for a complete Fisher setup for your truck....MAYBE blade side if you find the right deal. This is not the time to be looking for deals on snow equipment. Like trying to find a deal on a Jet Ski two weeks into the season!
  10. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

and meyers are good plows never had a problem you have to maintain your equip