1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB!! Mount for cherokee

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by xjeep25, Sep 18, 2008.

1. xjeep25

xjeep25 Junior Member
    from ohio

I have a wester plow off of an older Chevy S10 not sure what year. I am looking for the frame mount to put it on my 00 Cherokee

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Are the pump and light bar attached to the plow?

3. xjeep25

xjeep25 Junior Member
    from ohio

It is a complete setup, mount, lights, pump, I just need to make it fit on my cherokee

4. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I understand that, however you need to determine whether or not you have a Unimount plow or an even older conventional mount plow. Either way you won't be able to get a new mount, it will either need to be a used mount which will probably be difficult to find or you're going to have to have another mount modified to fit.

The Unimount systems the lights and pump are removed from the vehicle with the plow. Conventional mounts the plow is removed from the vehicle and the pump and lights are left on the vehicle.

5. xjeep25

xjeep25 Junior Member
    from ohio

I see, I didn't understand. I am not sure which mount it is, I do not have the plow yet, I am thinking of buying it if I can make it fit on my jeep. I have plans to look at it this week. I am looking into the truck side mounts before I buy the plow, they are tough to find. Contacted central parts, they had some mounts but have sold them. anyplace esle you might rec. I look?

6. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Here's what the conventional plow will look like notice the quick couplers on it and how the pump/lights stay attached to the truck.

(thanks to Snowman0420)
    [​IMG]

Here you can kind of see how the unimount works

(thanks to wishingtoplow)
    [​IMG]

Give Jerre a call, if he doesn't have one he may be able give you an idea of a mount that will close enough to be modified.